• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tfk

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Deleted 10/31/14

Keywords:
none
Contents

TFK (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/May/27 18:28:56 Comment: [Approved] View review Resource Moderation - Rules 28/03/2012 - Vengeancekael: Map Updated - Approved. -- Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Mar/19 19:32:41 Reasons...

What change do you want to see in this map?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Level 6
Please in future balance EXP gain from mobs
[what do I mean?]
-Me as [RED] with [HEALER] -or w/e is called that clas
and [BLUE] with [WARRIOR-footman]
So the problem is, blue player gain more exp than me as red.

Level 2
A compact and solid rpg, simple and effective, enough custom made material to keep things intersting (Y). I found it only truly only lacking in regards to the terrain. But well done nonethelesss :) 3/5/5
@kausss be that as it may be in that making a map by yourselfis hard, the best map imo This Wreckage by Rao Dao Zao was created by himself. I suggest you go check it out.

Level 4
I truly agree with Sverkerman with this game. Me and my bro love this.. we played this and we reached the high level in just about 2 hours...and we are in the Taurens.

Very Nice GAME!!
just improve more on Terrains and a Newbie Guide cuz we are confused on first time we try on Quests...

Level 5
How do you play with group..it says players cant be in the same team, something likie that, am i doing something wrong? lol ^^

Level 1
1. Forbidden Sign is not in item save list.
2. Playable only in Single Player, you screwed up with players.
3. 3 x Pioneer's Staff gives 1 x Pioneer's Staff, instead of upgraded one, when Transmuted.
4. Meteor spell has wrong description about damage it deals ( says 150%, 250%..., 550% when it is actually 150%, 300%..., 750% )
( Same for Sneak Attack )
5. Rogue's primary stat is Strength ( Unless you wanted it this way, but it would be kinda weird )

Level 13
1. Forbidden Sign is not in item save list.
2. Playable only in Single Player, you screwed up with players.
3. 3 x Pioneer's Staff gives 1 x Pioneer's Staff, instead of upgraded one, when Transmuted.
4. Meteor spell has wrong description about damage it deals ( says 150%, 250%..., 550% when it is actually 150%, 300%..., 750% )
( Same for Sneak Attack )
5. Rogue's primary stat is Strength ( Unless you wanted it this way, but it would be kinda weird )
Thanks for the info:
I'll check that later...

Level 4
Another great map from jx nice and cool terain with great music ;)

P.S. i hope you havent left behind pearl east kingdom :)

Level 13
Another great map from jx nice and cool terain with great music ;)

P.S. i hope you havent left behind pearl east kingdom :)

Let say that I'am just in process of learning to create a perfect "PEK" version...

Edit:
Warning if you select Berserker [Hordes] don't attemp ever or try to attack flying creeps (if ur hero has a bash skills) it may cause fatal error!!! Just a friendly reminder for a while I'm going to fix that later...

Last edited:
Dudes give him chance. RPG is top level for map making. Anyway I like to see ORPG maps, true is to u have to work a lot, but really a lot. Big suggestions, work on balancing warrior on start can kill 1000wolf mage only few so warrior is over power, quest gives to less money and exp. Quest gives exp like units, make quests gives 5x more gold and 10x more exp. I suport u but u really have much to do. Bad thing is and spell picking, I use spell onn lvl 1 and must to w8 few lvls to pick some spell again
Anyway for support an huge RPG map +rep

Level 13
Dudes give him chance. RPG is top level for map making. Anyway I like to see ORPG maps, true is to u have to work a lot, but really a lot. Big suggestions, work on balancing warrior on start can kill 1000wolf mage only few so warrior is over power, quest gives to less money and exp. Quest gives exp like units, make quests gives 5x more gold and 10x more exp. I suport u but u really have much to do. Bad thing is and spell picking, I use spell onn lvl 1 and must to w8 few lvls to pick some spell again
Anyway for support an huge RPG map +rep

Your suggestion allow me to realize and create another things I forgot to implement and that is "Skill Talent" that's a relief.

Level 1
(Spain)*Me encanta la verdad te quedo impresionante ^^ aparte yo soy jugador del runes of magic

(English)*I love the truth I'm awesome ^ ^ I am apart of magic runes player

:grin: : Goblin_good_job:

Level 2
Awesome map but the save/load is messed, me and my friends are unable to load any hero ._.

Level 2
Remember to use the "used player name" you use in your first attempt of saving.

ex. Player Name : Totoy
-save
-load[space]"CODE"

The "Codegen" read player name and it will invalid if you use another player name.

We do use the same nickname everytime, but still cant load... Always invalid hero.. and if i try to load for a 2nd time, the items comes but no hero...
Edit1: o.o on this new version all my loads gives a lv40 hero and my friend still cant load, we're playing on garena btw

Last edited:
Level 13
We do use the same nickname everytime, but still cant load... Always invalid hero.. and if i try to load for a 2nd time, the items comes but no hero...
Edit1: o.o on this new version all my loads gives a lv40 hero and my friend still cant load, we're playing on garena btw

I found the problem:

Some variables mess with the "CODEGEN" thanks for the info I already fix it.

-Enjoy

Quick reviewin' time:

The map is based on one of the worst mmorpgs, where you have to constantly do the same type of quests over and over again and sometimes you have to just farm to death until you can do a quest.
Your map has one big flaw, especially in the beginning: You haven't managed the xp rewards of the quests well, they need to give you sufficient xp to let you pass to the next quest immediately without having to kill more creeps just to reach the next hero level so you can accept the next quest.

The terrain, while I admit it's a really huge map, it's just your average terraining, you've overused the blizzard cliffs, which really do not make things look good and a lot of the dungeons are just plain empty, with only cliffs as the walls, add some animated grass, etc.
The casting and combat system aren't really innovative or anything special, the spells you can cast are quite familiar ones and nothing complex, the classes are the basic ones (just like in Runes of Magic) and for some reason the Mage is melee.

And of course, there is no storyline to follow, just random quests given to you by random NPCs around the world.

The game Runes of Magic in itself is the very definition of mindless grinding and you really have not improved the questing and the combat in your own iteration, you've literally just copied everything in that game and not really changed that much of it.

The items are also disappointing, you haven't added individual attachment models for the items and you can have multiple items of the same type equipped at the same time.

Straight to the point, you've remade a game that's really not good, Runes of Magic is your average free to play mmorpg with excessive grinding and you really should have improved the base of the game in your own map.

Rating: 3/5 - Useful
178091-albums5176-picture55344.gif
178091-albums5176-picture55343.gif
178091-albums5176-picture55343.gif

Other suggestions:
  • Add a lobby map description
  • Lock the camera during hero selection
  • Some doodads are placed in one another, flashing constantly, raise/lower one of them
  • Make the basic skills (Interact&Talk) items and add a backpack instead
  • Remove the exclamation mark from the quest giver once you've received his quest and add a question mark
  • Remove the quest skill from a quest giver once you've gotten the reward
  • Why is a wolf called "Young Wolves"? Why plural?
  • Why is the map completely revealed?
  • Player 1 owns 2 blacksmiths at random locations for some reason
  • The quest "Second Test" tells you to go to the west for the green skinks, it's actually to the east
  • No item drops from enemy creeps? :<

(Btw add the credits list in a quest in-game)

Level 2
hey jxtranghero,

your map is really funny. I like playing it solo and multiplayer. Just in some regions: polish the terrain by adding more doodads.
Another thing I don't like, is that I have to farm 3-4 monsters between the quests. This destroys the fluidness of the game in some terms.

So I'm looking forward to updates :) ( and are you working still on Pearl East Kingdom ?? )
Paganini

Level 13
hey jxtranghero,

your map is really funny. I like playing it solo and multiplayer. Just in some regions: polish the terrain by adding more doodads.
Another thing I don't like, is that I have to farm 3-4 monsters between the quests. This destroys the fluidness of the game in some terms.

So I'm looking forward to updates :) ( and are you working still on Pearl East Kingdom ?? )
Paganini

I like funny things because I'am funny people too...
Actually I disable the current exp system, to adjust the exp system in next version...

I'm working Pearl East Kingdom but I'am not inspire enough to continue it so. Maybe after few more weeks...

Level 3
I have a problem want to ask you : when i got Lv 20 Berseker , with 3000 gold , i came to dual class change , and choose worrior , i became Lv 1 , and i havent seen what something changed . So that i must train Lv again ( without any quest , it's really bad ) . May be it's a bug or it's your intention .
This is a nice map , but it's too lags , so i cant control as i want . i think you should change the spawn sytem ( monsters spawns so quickly ) and reduce the number of monsters on a area .

Last edited:
Level 13
I have a problem want to ask you : when i got Lv 20 Berseker , with 3000 gold , i came to dual class change , and choose worrior , i became Lv 1 , and i havent seen what something changed . So that i must train Lv again ( without any quest , it's really bad ) . May be it's a bug or it's your intention .
This is a nice map , it's too lags , so i cant control as i want . i think you should change the spawn sytem ( monsters spawns so quickly ) and reduce the number of monsters on a area .

That is bug, dual class should disable for hordes character, thanks for the info I'll fix that right away.

Level 3
Anyone get problem like me ? When i played this map , it's too lags , it's difficult to control my hero . So you can fix this , cant you ?

Level 13
Anyone get problem like me ? When i played this map , it's too lags , it's difficult to control my hero . So you can fix this , cant you ?
Dear friend,

I always played this map in almost one week, good things I haven't encounter any lag or delay(even player who joined me). I suggest that you should try low and off all the video game option to minimize ur problem. If the problem doesn't fix in that way I don't think the map is the problem anymore.

faithfully jx.

Level 3
Well , alright , just a minor problem . I 've found some problem . First , when i transmuted pioneer armor ( 5 armor , 50 hp ) , i haved a armor 15 armor , 150 hp(x3) . But ,when i did the same thing with varanas armor , aslan armor ... the armor i haved only changed x3 HP , nothing happen with armor . I dont know it's your idea or some bug here .
Second , when i went into a temple inside graveyard ( near Varanas , at western , with fallen priests , boss like Lick King) then after defeat the boss , i went out and every monster in first area ,second area has disappeared . I thinked this was a bug .
Third , elite healing potions has been reserved only one in each slot of hero's inventory
Fourth , The Knight have 4 instead of 5 spells .
That's what I found out .

Level 13
Well , alright , just a minor problem . I 've found some problem . First , when i transmuted pioneer armor ( 5 armor , 50 hp ) , i haved a armor 15 armor , 150 hp(x3) . But ,when i did the same thing with varanas armor , aslan armor ... the armor i haved only changed x3 HP , nothing happen with armor . I dont know it's your idea or some bug here .
Second , when i went into a temple inside graveyard ( near Varanas , at western , with fallen priests , boss like Lick King) then after defeat the boss , i went out and every monster in first area ,second area has disappeared . I thinked this was a bug .
Third , elite healing potions has been reserved only one in each slot of hero's inventory
Fourth , The Knight have 4 instead of 5 spells .
That's what I found out .

-WC3 has it's own bug, if you were equipped with 25+ armour even creeps with 250+ damage can scratch you with a little hit points. (That's the reason why I tried to minimise the use of defence armour)

-Entering at the temple inside graveyard near Varanas is a bug. (I keep fixing that later)

-Save/Load has a mess problem CODEGEN didn't save amount number of usable item very correctly. (I can't fix that for now)

-If you change into dual class character 5th skill from origin character there are no space for the skill to learn. (Well fixing that in next version for sure)

Level 2
so it's me again, and I decided to make a review in the next days, cause tomorrow i have my last exam and then i have too much time xD
I'll try to find all typos, etc. will give suggestions and so on. how about recruiting a terrainer who could improve the terrain a bit ?

Level 13
http://www.youtube-mp3.org/#v=IH5GcEHNZT4
shall you use this sound for your map main theme i think it is better than logar theme so up to you
That should be nice, approved it.
Currently we working on the next map extension from Raven Fell to Autolia Volcanos back ground music should be "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn2z0FceLhY&feature=related" the Savaged Land

Level 3
Hi there.
First i want to inform you that after 30-40 min the game start lagging and after x time it crash
Second rouge is to overpowered lvl 20+- 4k critical dmg
Third make switchable classes between main and second so we can lvl both and get different skills like in rom at x lvl you get quest for skill different from both classes
Fourth change mobs armor type so heroes physical attacks be useful
Fifth make it more team-play on bosses i don't remember runes of magic to be solo-able :thumbs_up::ogre_haosis:

Terrain: Its ok you can improve it a bit 4/5
Game-play: I like the solo but id like to see more boss team-play 2/5
Quests: Good enough 4.5/5
Items: Need more items (but existing items are made well) 3/5
Spells: I like the way the spells are done 3.5/5
Camera: Perfect 3d,free, etc 5/5
Overall: 3.6/5

Actualy on high lvl game start lagging when all mobs are loaded in all zones ...... fix this pls

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited: