• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is your favorite battleground?

What is your favorite BG?

• Altarec Valley

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Arathi Basin

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Baradin Hold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battle for Gilneas

• Eye of the Storm

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Isle of Conquest

• Strand of the Ancients

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Twin Peaks

• Warsong Gulch

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Wintergrasp

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
So I want to know what is your favorite battleground and why, mine is Strand of the Ancient and even though it's very frustrating that I lose 75% of all Strand of the Ancient battles I find the battleground very fun since it builds on zerging the enemy teams fortress with tanks and bombs and defending the castle and keep the enemy from destroying your gates. The only really sad thing about it exept for the huge amounth of losses is that there's no reputation to be gained like in Arathi Basin, Altarec Valley and Warsong Gulch.

Warsong Gulch definitely. AB would be second. In WSG, you will always see action, even when turtling. It is part of the objective to kill, and it is a small enough battleground so that you don't need to walk a thousand miles to get to your destination.

Twin peaks has the same objective, but I like it a bit less because the GY placements are horrible and going through the water is just annoying, lol.

AB is nice because of the big fights and whatnot. Defending is boring though, especially GM. Same for BfG, except that BfG is more of "who can cap two flags and aoe them for the rest of the game".

EotS is fun, but a bit annoying to coordinate in PuG's because usually you'll be the only one going for a base. Also, everyone goes for the accursed flag even when we have 1 base.

Wintergrasp and Tol'barad are pretty fun; haven't played Wintergrasp in a while though. IoC, AV, and SotA are mostly PvE bgs. However, I prefer SotA a bit more than the others because it is less monotonous. SotA was more fun when demos actually lasted longer and when you could jump in them to defend them. (it was so fun for my lock)

So for me:
WSG > AB > BfG > EotS > Twin Peaks > Tol'Barad > Wintergrasp > SotA > IoC > AV

Level 12
Wintergrasp for me. I love the full-scale battle between the Horde and the Alliance, especially defending with all the rushing to recapture points and destroy tanks. I find it especially fun when a particularly buffed up tena gets ganged on. Although I prefer running around defending, I wouldn't mind manning a tank myself, especially the gunner position. But catapults are still my preference when it comes to vehicles.

I know this isn't a battleground but, I used to love, back in BC, the massive scale fights in Isles of Quel'danas, usually over a dispute between mining which would eventually escalate into a 120 man war all over the island. My guild used to camp outside Sunwell Plateau and disrupt raids. We did the same with BT but it wasn't as fun since the place was so damn huge.

Other than Wintergrasp, my other favorites would be WSG and IoC, maybe even Arathi Basin. WSG for it's classic capture the flag, even though I lost 90% of the time. And IoC, believe it or not we played a hell of a lot of it, because it reminds me of a more elaborate version of AV. Arathi Basin because, well, I like to walk around and kill. Less technical more PvP.

Level 24
Yes even though I was not max level back in TBC I've heard much about Isle of Quel'Danas and Isle of Quel'Danas is also one of the major reasons they want to revive world PvP and Blizzard have said that they are trying to recrate the way that Isle of Quel'Danas worked. They tried to do that with the Firelands questing zone but that didn't end very well since there was no reputation to be gained there or raid or dungeon to enter.

Level 5
Well i just highly preffer ctf's and if i have to chose between twin peaks
and warsong gulch then its definatly warsong gulch for me :)

I personally dislike IoC and Sota Cause of the vehicles which i just dont like.

I totally love Eots if you got the perfect team, Else its quite boring.

AV is just a race tbh, used to be way more fun.

But yeah this is my order
WSG > TP > BfG > AB > TB > EotS > AV > WG > IoC > SotA.

Omg how you can love WSG. It's to bad for the horde. I one had healr in wsg 1.3m an after all we lose that game. After that i hate wsg from deep of my heart. Best bg is Arathi Basin i hated and that bg but once to. It's best bg for discipline priest. Winetrsgrast is good but it's to long battle and need to much time to finish it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.