• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fallout Like Screenies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Heyo. :) I decided to post some screenies, of a fallout like map I might start ;)

anyway, here they are :)

Attachments

• Bombed Car.JPG
    Bombed Car.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 398
  • Kaktus.JPG
    Kaktus.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Level 51
Oh God, that sand-tile. Where did you get that from?

It's from the evil russian site, it's actually a wow rip, but as it just makes the whole thing better, I don't really care about. I usually don't use wow rips, but, I couldn't stand using the barrens texture.. :)

Good idea :)

Anyways i think you should get a tile that is dry grass or sumthing like that, like what it looks in fallout. Also i suggest getting some better rock textures etc. ^^

Thank you :)

Jeah, I thought, I would make it more desert then waste land like, but I see what I can do ;) For the rocks, I think they match better then any other rock. But if you can give me other ones, I'm fully open for suggestions :)

Level 51
I thought that Fallout and Rage should include Fatman

wasn't a mini version included? :p

i like it but somhow i feel like that cactus doesn't fit in btw maybe a suggestion if you make a city in the background? :p

mhm, jeah, I wasn't shure either :p

jeah, I'll see, I'll see. :)

Anyway, new screeny :3

Attachments

• encampment.JPG
    encampment.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 199
Level 51
Kewl :) There could probably be some ruins and im not gonna repeat about the metal parts, Sadly im going to repeat myself of how awesome dry grass tile would look ^^

Jeah, I'm already searching for such metal thingies, and I also looked and tried out some dry grass tiles :p Sadly, there aren't many tiles out there, and the barren dry grass doesn't work with these tiles.
See, actually, it would look good, but this happens when I use it together (the dirty new sand tile and the dry grass)

Attachments

• TankGrass.JPG
    TankGrass.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 194
Level 6
Good work so far, like the idea, but it really should be a bit darker.
Maybe use a darker fog or sth like that, anyways the latest pic is much better than the first one.
Keep working on that and it will become awesome.

Level 51
I finally remember those tiles arent they made from WoW? they strongly remind me of that :p

Jep. Already said that :p

Good work so far, like the idea, but it really should be a bit darker.
Maybe use a darker fog or sth like that, anyways the latest pic is much better than the first one.
Keep working on that and it will become awesome.

Jeah, the darker fog thingy. I'm not shure either, because, for example in Rage, there is also such a "warm" foggy colour, and I really like it that way. And jeah, the first ones were just some first "concept" screenies. :D
And thx, again :)

Level 51
What do you mean by not fitting exactly? ^^

The colours don't fit really togehter exactly. :)

Hmm doesn't look too much like Fallout.
Maybe a bit like New Vegas, but I can't really say that because I didn't play it yet.
But I have same opinion like Solaris, it has to be darker and dirtier.

Thanks for the feedback. Yep, I know, since I'm also basing it much off Rage, wich is quite like this. =) I'm already playing around with darker fog and stuff :D

Level 51
I can change the color if you tell me what it should be like :D

Mhm, jeah, it's...it's hard to describe.. not only the colours, it is somehow to realistic for the tiles I'm currently using. I don't know exactly :/

Haha, also, to keep you entertained, here is a crappy cnp interface :D it isn't finished yet and I need to fix the alpha channel at some places as well as some other fixings. and don't mind about the inventory buttons xD (I know, this is not the right place, but I thought I just show it here anyway :p)

Attachments

• CrappyInterface.jpg
    CrappyInterface.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,249
Level 18
Jep. Already said that :p

Jeah, the darker fog thingy. I'm not shure either, because, for example in Rage, there is also such a "warm" foggy colour, and I really like it that way. And jeah, the first ones were just some first "concept" screenies. :D
And thx, again :)

But i didn't read it so basicly i came up it myself so that makes me smart right? doesn't it ? you know it does dont you ? right? :ogre_frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.