• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which Editor is Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JNGP. No other editor is better, WEU is crap so don't use it under any circumstances.
JNGP Contains everything WEU does and more without the mass bugs.

EDIT:
The post below me is completely wrong.
JNGP is not just for Jass it contains much more features then WEU including no-limits, bigger map sizes, more GUI triggers and such.
The normal WE is also prone to crashes when using Jass at all and is much limited compared to NewGen.
WEU should not be used, ever. Including the enhancer because all it does is inject crap in your map.

Last edited:
Level 16
Seas =)

WEU: ( more the Enhancer of it ) is good if you want create a map. There are more settings to get the best start map ( but don't use the option "Advanced Triggers" ( turn it off )). Also the Enhancer is good for import loading screens - import minimap screen and so on.

JNGP: Is useful if you want use Jass or vJass.

The normal editor: It's totally enough if you don't want to create a map full of Jass / vJass

Level 13
I might have the tendency to be called Oldschool, but I perfer the original editor, unless I really need an extention of a specific value, for example to increase the use of tilesets or doodads.

Level 6
i tryed to download JNGP but uhm, my antivirus detected 2 trojans >_< grrr i suppose this is falls alarm lol? anyway im trying to figure out how to let it pass through my antivirus. BTW i got bullguard so if anyone knows how to let i past that i would appreciate if you told me >_<

EDIT: got it to work :D

Level 8
about your antiviruses:
Apparently malwarebytes is the best (i got it after getting crap from all my other ones) but it comes to personal preference really.

In the download thread ofr JNGP they talk about how things detect fake viruses, and i think theres a guide on getting through them. Read it :D

I get mass errors from JNGP anyway. Its kinda sucky because everything is made in vJass these days, but yeah if you can get it to work then go with JNGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.