• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Picture, take 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here you go..
The epicness of my picture.. =) Comments are appreciated so I that I can improve it.

Attachments

• Terraining - The Picture #2.png
    Terraining - The Picture #2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 17

2-P

2-P

Level 8
That no-import rule sucks. I have an idea, but I need some DINOSAUR models for it. =(

I'm in, I'll make that picture soon.

EDIT: This is far as I got, will probably change it a bit. I call it The Doorway.
The arch makes no sense in your terrain. I don't see what that "doorway" is supposed to be. oO

That line of glow is lens flare?
Don't make it too bright, you should be able to tell the different "glows" apart. It also should be closer to the camera, like... REALLY close. Pretty much as close as possible. And use different colors for the glows, if you want to have an orange tone, then also place some yellow and red glows. Heck, you can even make a rainbow colored lens flare. More colors -> more joy. :D

Level 36
Grats with the birthday X.e.r.e.X! (got your name right too!)

Anyways, I agree with xerex and 2-P, and I have to tell you Void; in the original rules there were no rule that said you couldnt import stuff yourself <.<

TAKE IT AWAY BITCH! :p xD

Level 34
2-P, I think that the glows are supposed to be sun rays flowing into the valley/road. Not sure though.

Level 7
I really like your style raid1000, with those tiny details and all...

Anyway, I won't be making anything for this one, since I haven't got any good ideas at all.

Level 10
Ok, i improved it...should be my final!
Hope Void like it! and you guys too! GL ALL:wink:
Its not edited in Photoshop or such stuff...i used the sun flare doodad and the white star for the sun...
Just for info!

The most guys said that the gras-model was bad---> it was reason enough to fix it...and the most spoken about a lensflare: its my tryout!

Attachments

• PicT2 Revan(Rom).jpg
    PicT2 Revan(Rom).jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Level 18
Don't like how the light goes over the trees like that.

Revan, the way how one side of the sky is MEGAEXPLODELIGHTWTF and the other is just calm sky is a bit strange, otherwise nice, the grass looks a bit strange though (bad grass model).

I quoted the wrong thing but oh well. The effect you are creating is camera flare right? Right now it doesn't make sense for it to be on the sun. It looks really nice, if not too colorful right now. But it's the only problem is it needs to be BLAM in your face. Otherwise nice job.

Level 5
Messed around with while watching a movie, i think that it looks much better now. This is propably going to be final.

May i present:
A New Dawn

Attachments

• ContestFinal_A_NEW_DAWN.jpg
    ContestFinal_A_NEW_DAWN.jpg
    739.9 KB · Views: 200
Level 19
idk belgarath shouldn't those flares be above the sun not under it? and the fence is kinda screwed in the left side and there are epic sized flowers and bushes in the background D:
i suggest making the foreground trees a little bigger.
revan(rom)s vegetation is just pwn but i dont think the grass matches the trees colour
wolles nice too some stars will go very well on the sky there
+rep to every1 :O

Last edited:
Level 34
Messed around with while watching a movie, i think that it looks much better now. This is propably going to be final.

May i present:
A New Dawn
I'd stretch the glow doodads across the whole sky. Keep the tops of them level with the sun, but make them cover the whole bottom of the horizon. Also make sure you don't make them as bright as the sun. It may or may not work, it's just that the sunrise I watched when I went camping on the top of a mountain was like that, and it was awesome.

Level 11
Sunrises

Sunrise%20011%20full%20page.jpg

images
images
These aren't the best but they work

If you have ever watched the sun rise (or the Earth turn as some people would correct me) in an extremely large field or on a mountain over a valley, the sun appears very slowly and before the sun apears the sun's rays have spread out and have created shadows in between all the ridges and hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.