• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Defense / Survival] Theramore Hero Defense

Level 5

Theramore Hero Defense

OVERVIEW

Welcome to Theramore Hero Defense, an up to 6 Players Hero Defense/Siege map with RPG elements.
You have to protect Jaina Proudmoore from waves of enemies. Pick one out of 23 Heroes and work together with your team to defend the city.

This is my first World Editor project. After almost 1 year of development I'm proud to say that this map is in a state where I can present it to the public for testing reasons (for now).
I'm not quite good with triggers and I learned the basics by creating the map over the past year.

STORY

This Hero Defense is vaguely based on the events happened in World of Warcraft during the Horde invasion of Theramore led by Warchief Garrosh Hellscream.

FEATURES

- 40 Waves of Enemies (+10 Bosses)

• 13 Special Events like Arena or PvP
  • 23 unique Heroes
  • Each Hero has one default ability and 5 learnable abilites including one Ultimate (Normal abilites have 5 Levels and the Ultimate has 3)
  • Custom Spells
  • Item Crafting System with 33 unique recipes
  • Built in Damage Engine with new stats like Spell Damage
  • 8 Optional Quests
  • 4 Difficulties (Easy, Normal, Hard and Impossible)
  • Quite a few secrets to uncover

I'm currently looking for trigger/bug testers and balancing testers.

I hope I can get some people interested in this project and I'm looking forward to your feedback!​

Latest Version 0.93

SCREENSHOTS

THD Screenshot 1.png
THD Screenshot 2.png
THD Screenshot 4.png
THD Screenshot 5.png
THD Screenshot 6.png
THD Screenshot 7.png

Attachments

• Theramore Hero Defense 0.93 Beta.w3x
    13.8 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Level 2
Hey man I made an account specifically to comment here. I've been playing the map a bit and I find it quite fun, thank you for making it ! :)

The one bug I have been coming across (on v.86, not the latest ver) was that the wave timer wouldn't pause for the sewer event. It was a bit inconsistent, but out of ~6 games, 3 it wouldnt pause. And for the 3 that did, the wave would restart after a few minutes.

It's relatively minor, but love the work- keep it up :)

Update: Just hosted v.90 a few times. Some of the voicelines (i.e. from lieutenant aden) don't play at all and turning in the dog meat quest didn't trigger the packmules.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hey, thanks for the feedback!
I tested the latest version (single player) and didn't encounter the wave timer bug.
I missed out on posting update notes here. So I'm doing it now:
v0.90 Changes:
  • Lieutenant Aden voiceline in the dog meat quest was removed
  • Pack Mule as reward for The dog meat quest was removed, instead you get the pack mule after winning the first arena fight.
(I'm open for feedback when and how to give the pack mule to the player)

v0.91 Changes:

• New sound effect for Sinister Strike
  • Nerfed units from late game waves
  • Nerfed Defias Boss
  • New abilities for Elite Reinforcements
  • Balanced gold costs for reinforcements and upgrades
  • Tomes are used on pickup again
  • some bug fixes

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey, thanks for the feedback!
I tested the latest version (single player) and didn't encounter the wave timer bug.
I missed out on posting update notes here. So I'm doing it now:
v0.90 Changes:
  • Lieutenant Aden voiceline in the dog meat quest was removed
  • Pack Mule as reward for The dog meat quest was removed, instead you get the pack mule after winning the first arena fight.
(I'm open for feedback when and how to give the pack mule to the player)

v0.91 Changes:

• New sound effect for Sinister Strike
  • Nerfed units from late game waves
  • Nerfed Defias Boss
  • New abilities for Elite Reinforcements
  • Balanced gold costs for reinforcements and upgrades
  • Tomes are used on pickup again
  • some bug fixes
Hey Man,

Shame about the Aden voiceline- it was good VA work and people in my lobbies liked it. Only problem was having 3 different dialogues overlap as everyone triggers all the NPCs.

The pack mule is rlly strong- maybe lock it behind an optional fight to make it riskier/harder to get? I'd suggest adding it as a reward for clearing out the bandits in the well, perhaps.

Level 5
Hey Man,

Shame about the Aden voiceline- it was good VA work and people in my lobbies liked it. Only problem was having 3 different dialogues overlap as everyone triggers all the NPCs.
The voiceline was actually AI generated. I'm glad you liked it tho but I wanted to change how the pack mule is unlocked.

The pack mule is rlly strong- maybe lock it behind an optional fight to make it riskier/harder to get? I'd suggest adding it as a reward for clearing out the bandits in the well, perhaps.
The well could be too difficult to find, for new players that is. I'm keeping it as a reward for the first arena boss for now. I also felt like the pack mule is too strong for early game.

Level 2
Hi Map Creater. i have play this map in version 0.91 and i lose because when i fight in Event " giant stone " time wave don't stop and Jaina lose 50% HP . i need make lose Event to save Her but too late.

Level 5
Hi Map Creater. i have play this map in version 0.91 and i lose because when i fight in Event " giant stone " time wave don't stop and Jaina lose 50% HP . i need make lose Event to save Her but too late.
Do you mean the Mountain Giant (Fozruk) Arena Event?

There could be something wrong with the waves_lvl variable, I'll try to fix it.
Edit: I tested it in single player and the waves worked flawlessly. It looks like the bug only occurs in multiplayer but I have no idea what causes it.

Last edited:
Level 2
Do you mean the Mountain Giant (Fozruk) Arena Event?

There could be something wrong with the waves_lvl variable, I'll try to fix it.
Edit: I tested it in single player and the waves worked flawlessly. It looks like the bug only occurs in multiplayer but I have no idea what causes it.
One more bug bro. when Event fight with " illidan " it have skill Dark circle dealt dmg but when i lose event that skill not stop. it kill me when i def in Normal wave ( not only 1. i lose when i back to resote HP )

Level 5
Latest version 0.93:

• Wave timers should be fixed now (tested it several times single and multiplayer)
  • Buffed Jaina (more damage, HP and armor)
  • Fixed last wave not spawning
  • Fixed Loramus void zone loop not stopping after player losing the arena fight
  • Fixed Sea Witch Tornado (it somehow removed the pathing from the casting hero)
  • Strange Totem can no longer move around

Attachments

• Theramore Hero Defense 0.93 Beta.w3x
    13.8 MB · Views: 1