• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mojo Reclamation (WiP)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
General Information
1v1 Melee Map
Size: 111x98

Buildings
2 Gold Mine Expansions
2 Goblin Laboratories
2 Goblin Shops
2 Mercenary Camps
2 Taverns

Creep Camps
8 Green Camps
10 Orange Camps
2 Red Camps
Previews
Contents

Mojo Reclamation (Map)

Level 7
Humm, could work a bit more on those tiles, too much dirt imo
Also, why those melee changes, you should revert those and keep map as melee
Noticed a lvl2item drop on troll lvl6, seems a bit short of a loot

You have some unused tiles, replace one with sand, and map should be prettier

I also don't like golems at mines not being on camp, don't base your maps on blizz ones, just turn everything on camp, gameplay will me smoother

Level 3
Humm, could work a bit more on those tiles, too much dirt imo
Also, why those melee changes, you should revert those and keep map as melee
Noticed a lvl2item drop on troll lvl6, seems a bit short of a loot

You have some unused tiles, replace one with sand, and map should be prettier

I also don't like golems at mines not being on camp, don't base your maps on blizz ones, just turn everything on camp, gameplay will me smoother
Thanks for the feedback. I agree and made changes accordingly.

Level 5
Hi donnerdaumen,

Positives
Gameplay:
  • Symmetrical map design for balanced play.

Aesthetics:
  • Decent amount of doodads around camps.
  • Interesting use of Farm/Human structures for a tropical themed map.

Comments
  • I would also say that the map is too symmetrical, there is not a single camp that isn't reflected on the other side of the map. This could be a focal point to help swing the game one way or the other and break a stalemate.
  • I can see that you have gone through and added in other tiles through out the map in place of the dirt, but I feel you can do a little more in the bottom right corner.
  • I am also unsure of how I feel about the Tavern being so close and unobstructed to the spawn point.
    • This could be a blessing in that it allows the player to access a neutral hero with relative ease and also allow the player to buy back their dead heroes without much exposure.
    • However, this can also be oppressive, in that it can lend a hand to the player being rushed by the opponent, as they buy their neutral hero right next to their opponent's base and buy back their fallen hero to to double down on the attack, should it die.

Suggestions
Gameplay:
  • Terrain
    • I feel the spawning location has limited space for base building.
    • While it's good to have open space for combat, it is important to add in some areas to allow for vision blocking/choke points. This will give a running hero a chance to dodge incoming ranged attacks/spells.
    • Not enough space around neutral buildings. There is limited space behind many of the buildings to allow units/heroes to walk behind the building.
  • Creep Camps
    • Initial creep camps are ok, if a little tough out the gate. Especially with a level 5 creep camp farther away. I guess the southern central camp is missing a Forest Troll, that would make it a Level 7 Camp.
    • On the subject the of the level 5 7 creep camp, it appears to be dropping a level 2 power-up, which is a lot for such a low level camp.
      • I feel a Level 2 Power-up could work for a Green Camp, but maybe a level 9 Creep Camp.
    • Now this would require some restructuring, but I would like to see the established red camps dropping a Permanent 4. Then a new single centrally located red camp, that would drop your Permanent 5.

Aesthetics:
  • I might be biased, but add more doodads around the map, outside of the creep camps. Make a little scene just around some trees somewhere in the map or off the water front. Ex: Temple ruins or a trashed wagon with spilled out supplies.
  • Sprinkle in a few canopy style trees to add a bit of spice.

Overall I say you have solid ground to work from, and with some modifications can make for a very pleasant map. I look forward to what you do with the map.