• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is General Blen gone for good...

Will Blen make a comeback

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello there fellow LoA fans.Its been a awhile...

Blen never grew to be that one character we all could get behind,even tho we spend a lengthly time with him during the events of the first book where his choices had implications in the events that followed it.

Despite his rather bland character something always has bothered me about his fate...Its no mystery that the way he went was...Rather anticlimactic...

I was wondering if the thought of Blen being brought back to "life" by Aridon has ever crossed the minds of any of you fellow LoA-ers i i would love to hear your ideas regarding such theory.

Level 29
Blen never grew to be that one character we all could get behind,even tho we spend a lengthly time with him during the events of the first book where his choices had implications in the events that followed it.

Despite his rather bland character something always has bothered me about his fate...Its no mystery that the way he went was...Rather anticlimactic...

That is an understatement.

I never liked Blen. He was a two-dimensional guy that was all about 'honor and all that stuff' and mostly guided his actions based on others. He didn't get any character development or moment that gave him more depth as a character.

I was wondering if the thought of Blen being brought back to "life" by Aridon has ever crossed the minds of any of you fellow LoA-ers i i would love to hear your ideas regarding such theory.

Aridon claimed that he was one of the most important characters, but he lost most of his influence after the end of the First Book, so his importance has significantly diminished.

Blen didn't come off as a very great warrior or a very good strategist, or at least his moments onscreen didn't show it. Most of his power seems to come off due to charisma as he was a paragon.

Aridon has no need for a paragon for the ideals of a faction that is not his. Most of the undead do not have free-will so having a charismatic commander won't do much difference for Aridon's plans.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Aridon claimed that he was one of the most important characters, but he lost most of his influence after the end of the First Book, so his importance has significantly diminished.
He was.
If it weren't for van Durce arresting him by orders of the Emperor, he may have continued to be.
I never liked Blen. He was a two-dimensional guy that was all about 'honor and all that stuff' and mostly guided his actions based on others. He didn't get any character development or moment that gave him more depth as a character.
I know many feel the same about Blen (even though I feel like several people started missing him
as the Second Human Book went on) and his death was not the most climatic, but he was always
meant to be a "grey" character with little character to make it less likely to have a personality that
he would have gotten otherwise influence the player when it came to Blen's choices.
If I had made Blen more "heroic", wouldn't it have been weird that you would have the option not to
save Aedale?
If I had made him more grim and darker as a character, would it make sense that he would choose
fighting demons with Genethas over going to discover dark magics in the Pearl of Lor with Gardon?
I still think that he is the way he should be as a character and would not change anything in the
Human Books about it, even in retrospect.
Blen didn't come off as a very great warrior or a very good strategist, or at least his moments onscreen didn't show it. Most of his power seems to come off due to charisma as he was a paragon.
It doesn't take exceptional abilities as warrior or strategist to be a good leader.
The ability to inspire your followers to fulfil great actions can be just as useful.
Those who followed him still remember him as a great leader - including good ol' Harmos.

Still I also would not say that Blen was a "bad" tactician or warrior.
Sure, Gardon beats him in both areas, but Gardon is a dangerous opponent to begin with.

Most of the undead do not have free-will so having a charismatic commander won't do much difference for Aridon's plans.
Charisma would not help an army of rotten corpses, that is not wrong.

Level 22

Yep. Sadly his personality and position in the story made him a pretty disposable character. A tiny bit of the nepotism Gardon and Aedale had would've been useful for him, but the social status of his family didn't allow it.

The second orc book will please you a lot more with the way he is handled.
But yeah, he died pretty underwhelmingly in the second human book.

Yes, that has crossed my mind, but he isn't coming back.

Level 4
It's quite ironic that, in the second human book, blen died because of humans. But in the 2nd orc book, he will survive if you choose his side.
I wonder what's his stand on the undead book (will he even appear lol?)

Level 20

Neither did I,but I saw him more of a "I get the job done" guy,his job was to crush greenskins and demons and he was pretty dam good at it.

Level 7
Well, for one I liked Blen.

Sure, he had not a strongly defined character, but as he was the main protagonist in many chapters, this allowed to define part of him. He was powerful, loyal, reliable.

Also, he had a nice model, this made him stand out more than the generic paladins like Genethas, Lerrig, Salomar...

I would not want him back however, and certainly not as an undead. He has done his time in this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.