• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Zerg Pure form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
They have no "true form" as they are continually mutating. Their lack of form is what makes them so lethal as they can adapt to everything that is thrown at them. This will be made clear in HotS where you have dozens of different types of each unit (what we saw in WoL was just generic units representing the average of all types). The closest you will probably get to "pure Zerg" was the Hive Mind itself (unsure about the name) as that was constructed and programmed to control the Zerg (probably by the guy who is my avatar).

The Zerg are probably more a philosophy than an actual race.

Level 25
The XelNaga found some Zerg aliens,, created a the Overmind to control them all, to prevent them from starting wars like the Aeon of Strife war that the Protoss started upon themselves.
But the Overmind became aware of the XelNaga and attacked them and then found out the location of the Protoss.

So in all, the Zerg had a basic form, but it's probably beyond recognition now, as they've had multiple mutations.

Edit:
Found their "starting planet"
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Zerus
and
"Cerebrates were descended from the original zerg parasites of Zerus that existed before the coming of the xel'naga, albeit being much larger and endowed with much greater intelligence."
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Cerebrate

So there you have it :)

I am thinking of making a Dune Runner :v

dune%20runner.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
The XelNaga found some Zerg aliens,, created a the Overmind to control them all, to prevent them from starting wars like the Aeon of Strife war that the Protoss started upon themselves.
But the Overmind became aware of the XelNaga and attacked them and then found out the location of the Protoss.

And I thought that this was their story:

The Xel'Naga first created the Zerg, and the Overmind to control the race. But the Overmind got ambitious and revolved against his creators, resulting in war with his own masters. Therefore, the Xel'Naga created another race called the Protoss to annihilate the Zerg and destroy the Overmind.

Then the Terrans (Humans) got smarter and made technologies that can be built in space (Astronautics). The people crossed paths with the other first two races and got involved in the war.

That story is what I know. Is that even correct?

Level 7
no, the Protoss was created before the Zerg, and their "pure" form is actually the larvae (the closest to the original zerg)

Level 14
Correct, the Protoss were created before the Zerg. However, the protoss fought against each other in civil wars, causing the Xel'naga to abandon the protoss and go find the Zerg.

The Zerg were originall small larva that were parasitic. They merged to the spinal cords of their host, granting them full control of their bodies.

The Over-Mind was created to prevent the civil wars that resulted in the Protoss experiment.

~Asomath

Level 14
Ah not quite, Infested Terrans are the result of a Super Virus that could be spread by Zerg Queens. The Zerg were mostly unable to incorporate the Human DNA strands into the zerg. Thus, they still require host bodies that they infect with the virus.

~Asomath

Level 13
The Xel'Naga wanted to create the ultimate race of warriors and tus they created the Protoss but then they got bored of the protoss and left to other planets to laterly create the Zerg.Afther they created the zerg a thing called the Overmind took controll of them and started colonising planets and killing inhabitants.Meanwhile the protoss,raging over the leaving of they'r ''creators'' try to prove their might by anihalating the zerg.The 2 races battle then the Battle descend near some Terran Planets and there starts the Starcraft 1 we know.

And the ''Pure Form'' is a bacteria that infects things and mutates them to adapt to planet and thing.
The Larva are zerg ''Computers'' they carry all the DNA of the mutations like Zergling and Ultralisk and tus mutate into them.

I hope you understood what i tried to say up there :p

Last edited:
Level 26
Wat, no. The zerg had the overmind from the start. Although the form of the overmind might have been different. It was a knowledge seeker and peacefull for the most part. But it was corrupted, either by a being or with time. It's once noble pursuit of knowledge became a pursuit of power, as knowledge is power. By assimilating other races into a fixed stream of manipulative genes, the knowledge became brute force. The creation of larvae might have been done on purpose. Because if you assimilate genes, you can't simply change, you need to morph. Larvae go into a cocoon state and become butterflies. Zerg go into the cocoon state and become monsters. By manipulating what kind of metamorphosis, the simple manipulating of genes allowed them to become quite lethal, because if it encounterd a leathal foe, it could simply assimilate some of their foes and adapt. It could make them flexible and nimble yet armored and strong. Any exposed weakness could be removed with the next wave.

In the beginning, the Xel'Naga created the intellgient creature we dub Protoss, who formed a faith with two sides. Which ended up causing unrest and ultimately ended up severing the Protoss into two sides,
after a lot of struggles and turmoil, one of the Protoss sides was banished from their home world, Aiur. Which then colonized another planet and became the origins of dark templars.

The Xel'Naga had however moved on to the Zerg, and manipulated the zerg to gain sentience and become a hive mind. You can have no conflict if everything is united with a single mind.

I don't remember the creation of the humans though, I don't think they were created, but just went with our theory of evolution. I remember reading something about them shooting out into space, colonizing two planets and then started the Terran empire.

Okay, stop desecrating my thread.

The Zerg story goes like this:

The Xel'Naga got mad at the Protoss fighting of which clan would be their champion, and left them. Some of them worshiped them differently (hint, hint), that's why the Aeon happened.

The Xel'Naga found the zerg, parasitic creatures that feasted on other creatures. They helped them, and they started assimilating creatures into their species. The Xel'Naga decided to make an Overmind to avoid the Zerg from going civil war like the Protoss, and they ended up getting anhilated because of some (dark voice) reason.

That's the story, and as i found out, the Zerg are Larvae like creatures.

THE END.

Level 26
The Xel'Naga found the zerg, parasitic creatures that feasted on other creatures. They helped them, and they started assimilating creatures into their species. The Xel'Naga decided to make an Overmind to avoid the Zerg from going civil war like the Protoss, and they ended up getting anhilated because of some (dark voice) reason.

That conflicts with the story the near dead Overmind told us in Starcraft 2.

I was talking about the zeg-protoss hybrid that the Xel'Naga created in starcraft 2...

Actually, the primary creators of the hybrids were the terrans. In brood wars, Zerg-Protoss hybrids was created and shown to have been created in a terran lab, with failed experiments and one successful one. Again, the last brood war mission.

In Starcraft 2, there's a hidden mission where you run from a terran created hybrid and pick up items along the way escaping from it. There are also numerous subliminal and vague messages about that the Terrans may be its creators, hinting that what may be behind the hybrids might not entirely be about the Xel'Naga (Or that the Xel'Naga are not the sole creators of them) and that Kerrigans rebellious act might actually stop the end that the Terrans may invoke. Which that friendly protoss guy that I can't remember the name of pointed out. Kerrigan must live, or we will all die. After all, man creates monster, monster creates gore, big daddy Xel'Naga manipulates the mass of powerful beasts and life is wiped clean.

Level 4
Oh... makes sense now that I've played the last mission of Zeratul in Brood Wars, and the Secret Mission in WoL.
Thanks man.

Oh, and, the friendlyprotoss guy is Tassadar... the one that sacrificed himself to destroy the Overmind...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.