• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

WoW story summary website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I don't think it is possible to tell the story in a linear way. There is too much happening at the same time.
Therefore if you want to have a linear story line, you have to follow the story of a specific character. What will end up reading the WoW Wiki articel if you don't want to gather the information by yourself.

Level 39
I think it would be hard to put together a linear text of WoW's storyline simply because of the sheer amount of it, and the many different perspectives. Simple summary maybe, but not a detailed text. It would take a novel.

I know you didn't ask for it, but I'm gonna give you my opinion anyway (and try not to resort to WoW bashing); the WoW story is not worth it. It suffers from horrible clichés, cringy writing and inconsistent character development.
Now what is interesting about WoW is the deep background lore they've made for the universe.
For example the rewriting of the Draenei/Eredar. Before the Eredar were just generic bad guys. But TBC gave us an alternate story for them that included tragedy, betrayal and corruption. That's awesome.
Most notably is the Old Gods. They were barely mentioned pre-WoW (I don't remember if they were even a thing) but have gotten a lot of lore since. Very interesting to see how they have been pulling the strings for longer than we can imagine.

Stuff like this is interesting in my opinion. It can be read up on on WoWwiki.

I don't hate everything that came out of WoW. I just strongly dislike the route they chose with the storyline and characters. It saddens me that great, multi-dimensional characters that got awesome development in the previous games and novels are reduced to generic bad guys just to fill out a raid. They could have been used so much better and the storyline could've been executed in a much more elegant way.

Sorry for getting carried away there. To my knowledge the best place to read up on any Warcraft lore/story is WoWwiki. I might be wrong though.

Level 25
I must say WoW still have it's story great up to now. Cataclysm is just amazing, MoP is full of great lore, and WoD's zones contain good ones as well. Wrath also explored Northrend even more which is a great zone. TBC also have bits but not interesting for me.

There is WoWWiki, and Wowpedia which is the two sites where I learned a lot, there is also Battle.net which is the official Blizzard site. It doesn't give much info but it will guide you what to read next.

There is also WoW itself, you can buy it, and it is the greatest source of knowledge of Warcraft. But If not you could try Starter Edition, just play both Alliance and Horde so you can explore further.

Status
Not open for further replies.