• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

World Editor Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need help with something really bad. I am going by these instructions on this page to put this model in my map.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?id=la4808&p=tutorial_import

I ran into this part where I have to import the file BlackhandRaider_Portrait.mdx into the Art Model File - Portrait, which looks like this.
object_editor_fieldp.gif

On my World Editor I don't have Art Model File - Portrait. I only have Art Model File and Art Model File - Extra Versions. Not only that, but when I put the paths in a certain way my model has a 3-D red body with the helmet but no face. Can someone please give me some information on what I'm doing wrong?

Why is my model looking like this??? I went by the guidelines on how to import this model from this link...
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=47405&prev=s%3Dblackhand%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Apparently when I put in the paths, I restart my Wc3 World Editor and it comes out to this-------------------------------------
--------------
-------------
-------- --->
fuckedup.jpg
http://[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
ummm... I haven't seen them on the viewer, i'll check that. I put in the paths just like how it says on the guideline on how to import it.

Level 9
But if u use on WE it wont tell you if the paths are wrong or right, if u use viewer, it will display error if the paths aren't correct or skins are missing. Give it a try.

Level 9
USe War3 Model editor to open your model then click on Windows>Textures manager then look at the paths, compare that to the ones you see in the Import window in WE see if they are correct. If not just change it yourself.

BTW you can get War3 Model Editor from the Tools section of this site i believe.

Level 15
I need help with something really bad. I am going by these instructions on this page to put this model in my map.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?id=la4808&p=tutorial_import

I ran into this part where I have to import the file BlackhandRaider_Portrait.mdx into the Art Model File - Portrait, which looks like this.
object_editor_fieldp.gif

On my World Editor I don't have Art Model File - Portrait. I only have Art Model File and Art Model File - Extra Versions. Not only that, but when I put the paths in a certain way my model has a 3-D red body with the helmet but no face. Can someone please give me some information on what I'm doing wrong?

Just import the model like you normally would without anything wierd. Set the custom paths to what they are, and set the model file to BlackhandRaider.mdx.

The reason it had all those extra steps was because the person running it was using a Mac OS.

Lol, silly Mac OS users.

Level 15
Sigh...No one likes to do it old school anymore!

Uploaded: 02:18, 31st Aug 2004
Last Updated: 02:18, 31st Aug 2004
Keywords: Blackhand Destroyer Mounted Warrior
Type: Unit
Category: Orc
Model-ID la4808

Read me BlackhandRaider
I made this up after seeing Urkdengi's Blackhand the Destroyer model. I believe Blackhand was a raider and so I geoset merged Urkdengi's model head to a raider body (hope it's alright with him I did this). I got a good skin from WC3Warehouse once again for this (they're down so I can't access who made it as I forgot the name, hope he doesn't mind). Paths are
Units\Orc\Wolfrider\BlackhandRaider.mdx
Units\Orc\Wolfrider\BlackhandRaider_Portrait.mdx
Units\Orc\Wolfrider\BlackhandRaider.blp
Units\Orc\Wolfrider\Blackhand.blp (for the helmet)

You guys seriously need to just take a gander at the model page sometimes >> It helps.

Level 3
Those paths don't work... I keep getting the same thing...

Just import the model like you normally would without anything wierd. Set the custom paths to what they are, and set the model file to BlackhandRaider.mdx.

The reason it had all those extra steps was because the person running it was using a Mac OS.

Lol, silly Mac OS users.

Set the custom paths to what they were or in the readme?

this is what it turns out to be when i have the .mdx file with the name of warcraft3imported\....

fuckedup.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
The real textures are the one's in the Readme.

In this case

"Units\Orc\Wolfrider\BlackhandRaider.mdx
Units\Orc\Wolfrider\BlackhandRaider_Portrait.mdx
Units\Orc\Wolfrider\BlackhandRaider.blp
Units\Orc\Wolfrider\Blackhand.blp (for the helmet)
"

Status
Not open for further replies.