• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

World Editor crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Don't know if this belongs here, but my world editor crashes on startup, it either doesnt do anything when i start it up or it says worldeditor has stopped working. Neither the normal world edtior or jassnewgen is working. :(

Help!

Level 4
bump, i tried reinstalling still broken... I can't do my favourite thing, mapmaking :( It starts up, the music plays for like half a second and then stops and the starting up 'picture' freezes and it says worldedit.exe has stopped working.

Level 24
Hm, do you use Windows 7 or Windows Vista? In case you do you might need to use Windows XP or an older windows operating system since operating systems that came after WarCraft 3 is known to cause some issues for the WarCraft 3 World Editor. This problem MIGHT be solved if you get Windows XP mode and if that doesn't work you might have to install an older version of Windows. If you use Mac or Linux installing older versions of the operating systems might also work.

Edit: It might also be possible that you've put the World Editor file outside of the WarCraft 3 folder and that might crash things sometimes. Also it is possible that you must put the WarCraft 3 folder in the Users>My Games folder in order for it to work.

Level 4
Well, I've tried running it in compatibility mode doesn't work. Bear in mind though (and I should have mentioned this) that it was working fine, and it suddenly stopped working one day, this isn't a problem I've had since install. So I doubt its the path problem either :(

And I use Windows 7.

Level 20
I use Windows 7 too. Is there any error box being displayed? reinstalling should fix it. Maybet ry UNINSTALLING, and Then installing again. Clear registry too.

Level 24
If it just stopped working all of the sudden you could reinstall everything on your computer by putting in your windows 7 CD your old files would still all be saved in a map called windows.old and it would most likely solve the issue.

Level 14
If it just stopped working all of the sudden you could reinstall everything on your computer by putting in your windows 7 CD your old files would still all be saved in a map called windows.old and it would most likely solve the issue.

It's adviced in this case to create a backup when in any case something goes wrong and your sectors are accidentally erased by the formatting process (Yes, this can happen. A friend of mine had this.).

You can get back erased files, but not when your sectors are being overwritten so be carefull with what you do.

Usually what lowe1994ba suggested doesn't go wrong though ;)
I'm just giving a heads up.

Also, before doing this it might be smart to check if there are any hardware errors like faulty RAM memory (Memtest) or corrupt hard disk sectors (chckdsk /f in cmd).
Be advised to check out the error message in the (windows log files) too on the appcrash made by worldedit121.exe.
Would be a shame to reinstall windows if you can simply "cure" the problem ;)

If you don't know how to do any of the things I mentioned: google is your best friend

Level 24
Well it's always advised to keep backup files so if you don't already do that see to that you do it in the future because you can easily lose a file.

Level 24
Whops I realize the grammar the what I meant to say was If you don't do that see to it you do that in the future.

Level 14
It could actually be a lot of things that causes your world editor not to start.

For example: faulty registry keys can cause applications to hang. (Use something like Ccleaner to find out) Like spartipillo mentioned...

Windows Services might block applications and cause them to hang. (Right mouseclick on computer -> manage -> Services and applications -> Services)
Shut down all non windows services one by one to find out which one is causing this.
(I personally think this is your problem, some kind of newly installed application which has some service blocks your worldeditor121.exe from working...)

Corrupt hard disk sectors as mentioned before can cause lots and lots of problems. (I can explain why, but that would cause this post to become massive...)

Faulty RAM can cause your computer to become incapable of doing the simplest tasks. (Because there is too less Random Access Memory to access several applications at once)

Are you experiencing any other issues on your windows machine besides the world editor or is it the world editor specifically?
Reinstalling didn't work?
What processor architecture do you have?
Is it 64 bit or 32 bit? (shouldn't make that much of a difference though)
Got administrator priviliges?
Tried compatibillity mode?
Have you done a full virus scan in case of infection in windows safe mode using MBAM?

If you find the error code in the windows logs from the application crash of worldedit121.exe let me know. (Right mouseclick on computer -> manage -> Log files -> Windows log files -> applications)

Level 4
Are you experiencing any other issues on your windows machine besides the world editor or is it the world editor specifically?
Reinstalling didn't work?
What processor architecture do you have?
Is it 64 bit or 32 bit? (shouldn't make that much of a difference though)
Got administrator priviliges?
Tried compatibillity mode?

1. For the past year after a few hours of use my computer overheats and everything freezes after a few seconds, I can't use cntrl alt delete as soon as the overheat starts and clicking shut down doesnt work. If i leave it like this after a minute or so the screen flashes and I get one of those 'blue screens of death'. As soon as I notice its overheating I have to turn it off using the turnon/off button. I've had this problem for about a year and it hasnt affected anything else.

2. No
3. Processor architecture? Uhh, I'm a computer noob but i assume u want to know that its 2.27 Ghz Intel Core?
4. 64 Bit
5. Yes
6.Yes, doesnt make any difference whatsoever.

I tried to go to computer and then manage but when i click on manage nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.