• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

WIP Vivi (first model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
ok well this is my very first model. im having a bit of trouble figuring out the body and limbs. any suggestions would be appreciated. keep in mind i did this in milkshape and im very new to modeling lol.

Attachments

• vivi1.JPG
    vivi1.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 152
  • vivi2.JPG
    vivi2.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 158
Level 7
thanks for the help, i have seen that tutorial before and im horrible at vertex and faces, i cant seem to make them look the way i want. so i have been using primitives. if anything ill delete everything but the hat and try to make the rest out of faces.

*edit* its 396 polys so far... so yeah a bit much for only being that far. alright, ill work harder on it and hopefully get some updates soon.

*edit* i could delete a bunch of faces on and then rework them for a lower polycount.

*edit* ok i redid it like was suggested, this is the part i usually get stuck on, i get confused with all the verts and have a hard time building off of it.

Attachments

• wip3.jpg
    wip3.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 142
  • wip4.jpg
    wip4.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.