• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

WIP>>>The Pilgrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
HELLO EVERYONE!

I'm new to this site, so this is going to be my first post :) All the art here is really inspiring and the community looks really awesome!!! Anywho, I am going to be modeling out one of my concepts i just finished, so lets see how this bad boy finishes up!

CHEERS!

Pilgrim_Sean_Evans.jpg

HI ONCE AGAIN!!! So I finished this base mesh with Diablo 3 polycount in mind. I have been spending hours on end just really trying to disect their style. I'm determined to make it up to their standards, so any feed back that you guys could throw my way would be greatly appreciated!

CHEERS!

it1.jpg

So I'm no where near finished, but heres what I have so far. Majority of it is just color blocked in but ive been getting a lot of messages to post again, so heres is where im at right now :)

Cheers!

progress%2B2.jpg

So i'm only giving myself one more week to work on him before I move onto another piece, so the pressure is on!!!

1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 49
If that's for Warcraft, then you should remove any hidden polies(for example, the parts of the head that are covered by the hat) and use alpha more to your advantage(the pendant thing on his chest could be a plane, the hands could be flat, etc). Overall the level of detail is a bit too high. Also, it lacks teamcolor. It's looking wonderful, though! I'm curious to see how the animations turn out!

EDIT: Just finished reading the first post. Diablo 3? Meh. The game isn't even out, as Dio said, there is no point modeling for it so early. :p

Level 6
Hi, your model is looking very good so far, and I especialy like the concept art :) But (maybe it's just me), I think the hands in the Left viewport look a bit strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.