• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Windows 7 Compatible (WE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
When i installed Windows 7 i moved all my maps to an external hdd... (to keep them ofc)

Now when i save the maps when i've opened and edited them (in Windows 7) they get some sort of lock icon on the actual map icons (when your opening a new map) and then when i try to play them in WC3 it's like they didn't exist (yes, they're all in my Maps folder and that stuff...)

So, anyone knows the problem?

:grin:

Level 9
The problem is simple:
The WE is not created to work on a W7... It's as simple as that...
If you wait some months, mabye it will be updated and work

Level 1
The problem is definitely not in the WE, I've been running Win7 for a couple of months now and I've never had any problems with WE or W3.

I think the problem might be with user permissions to access those files.

Try right-clicking each file and go to Properties -> Security and check if your user name is listed in the 'Group or user name' list. If not simply click 'Edit', then 'Add'. Type in your user name and click 'OK'. Now it should appear in the list. Click your user name in the list and then check the 'Full control' check box in the 'Allow' column in the bottom list. Click 'OK' twice more.

Now try if it works.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Are you running WE in XP OS part or windows 7 part? I heard windows 7 has an XP emulator that runs equivently an XP OS while still running widnows 7. Or is this still not in windows 7 yet?

Anyway, probably permission related if it is already set to run in XP mode or if you can not get it to run in XP mode.

Level 1
Either try changing permissions for those files, as i suggested in my previous post here or try running W3 as an administrator (right-click and select 'run as administrator').

Status
Not open for further replies.