• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Will my map take very long to create?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So i'm making this map a shooter map with lots of guns like Snipers,Explosives,Lasers and more.Also has 4 Game Modes(Deathmatch,Team Deathmatch,Capture the flag and Domination) but probably the hardest and longest part is i will trigger ALL of my guns to have Accuracy like when your very far from the target then the gun's accuracy is not good(the shots will spread alot) but when the target is near then the spread will be minimal and i will also make Accuracy ability(Max lvl 10 but with items it can be up to lvl 15) that ability will also affect the bullet spread.Each weapon will be heavily triggered. Will my map take long to create?

Level 25
Yes.
It's easy to be carried away, "My map will have realistic physics, enjoyable movement, third person cameras, ai, penguins, etc".

Start easy, depending on your skill of the editor. The things you wrote requires you to know how to do them properly with MUI and no leaks, if you don't know how to do that start with something easier. There is no shame in that.

Level 6
Well i think ill remove the "i will also make Accuracy ability(Max lvl 10 but with items it can be up to lvl 15) that ability will also affect the bullet spread" in my plan cause it will need like 70 variables per weapon but if i remove it then each weapon will only need like 15 variables :D

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Push for the final version asap. That's how I finished to actually complete a map lol...

Drop on everything: Leaderboard, text colors, map description, ability tooltips, balancing, various heroes, various wave minions, single player support, big map size etc.

Just focus on getting the skeleton ready, then start adding some flesh. Then skin as a cool map description and BB code in hive.

Level 6
Push for the final version asap. That's how I finished to actually complete a map lol...

Drop on everything: Leaderboard, text colors, map description, ability tooltips, balancing, various heroes, various wave minions, single player support, big map size etc.

Just focus on getting the skeleton ready, then start adding some flesh. Then skin as a cool map description and BB code in hive.
Lol my map wil not be very big,just good enough size for 10 players to fight each other the only things that will be hard is the triggers for the accuracy of the guns and the AI but iam learning on how to do those things little by little ;)

The actual triggering of accuracy based on range and skill is not that hard and more or less only requires an attack event and the use of an invisible dummy caster using healing spray (with a negative healing value).
You can adjust the ability level of the healing spray ability dynamically based on the range to the attacked target and increase/decrease the AoE radius.

Status
Not open for further replies.