• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Why does Abyss tileset look like this on my map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi guys, Why does Abyss (Outland) tileset look like this on my map? Shouldn't it be totally black? Did I change something?

Attachments

• Abyss.jpg
    Abyss.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 123

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is OK now after i moved the Abyss tileset up to be the first texture in the Terrain Palette.
A blending issue perhaps? According to some posts I read, the order in which tiles are declared is very important as ones declared higher up take priority over those declared lower down. By priority I am referring to blend priority, how the tiles interact. It is possible that the way the "Abyss (Outland)" texture works is not compatible unless declared a certain priority. Especially since it is meant to mix with the cliff type.

I think its a bug.
Also possible. WC3 is riddled with bugs.

Level 11
A blending issue perhaps? According to some posts I read, the order in which tiles are declared is very important as ones declared higher up take priority over those declared lower down. By priority I am referring to blend priority, how the tiles interact. It is possible that the way the "Abyss (Outland)" texture works is not compatible unless declared a certain priority. Especially since it is meant to mix with the cliff type.

Also possible. WC3 is riddled with bugs.

I think u are right, its a blending issue. I am not sure what causes it and how to solve it, but in my case, I need to put the Abyss tileset in front of all other tilesets. But this also causes some of the other tilesets to malfunction. Its wired and I do think its a bug. :D
+Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.