• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

why custom team color doesnt work ingame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I create a team color texture 8x8 that is another color example:
Olive Team Color
I want to use it in my map so I import it with path ReplaceableTextures\TeamColor\TeamColor00.blp. So it works in World Editor after I reopen the map but it doesn't in-game. Like Player 1 is still red in-game. What generates the team color that it remains default and how can I change it ? I even expected that it will not show in WE, only in the game but it's the opposite.

Level 22
MPQ browser? I suppose you mean a change in the MPQ file. Well, I wouldn't change the game's files just to do that, though if someone knows something more about doing it would be nice. Eventually, I will keep the imported texture to have my favourite color seenable at least in the editor, if it won't change in-game.

Level 4
I create a team color texture 8x8 that is another color example:
Olive Team Color
I want to use it in my map so I import it with path ReplaceableTextures\TeamColor\TeamColor00.blp. So it works in World Editor after I reopen the map but it doesn't in-game. Like Player 1 is still red in-game. What generates the team color that it remains default and how can I change it ? I even expected that it will not show in WE, only in the game but it's the opposite.

Thought: using the triggers to change the color of a player's team, could you pull it off by just referencing the color there?

Don't take my word for it though.

Level 22
Tried it with triggers, but it still uses the default team color when I change the color. Thx for trying.

Well, it works the hard way when I use winMPQ to delete the TeamColor05.blp and import the new one. The thing is, I wanted to do it without having to modify the MPQ, just for the specific map, otherwise it works now. I just like that color very much and even in games I will choose this color when I play with others, cause it changes the team color for the entire game. I will be custom color in games and ONLY I will be able to see that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.