• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What lies beyond?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I don't know if I can call this terrain but I was playing around when I got this I thought it looked pretty good

Comments/"THIS IS NOT TERRAIN!!"?

EDIT: Added a new version :grin:

Attachments

• whatliesbeyond.jpg
    whatliesbeyond.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 283
  • noescape.jpg
    noescape.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Level 7
What lies beyond? A woman who is stalking you.

Anyway, it reminds me of when you're a ghost in WoW everything is all teal, or gray. I don't like, as other people have said before, that the walls are pure black. But Its a good idea, just try a couple of different models besides the human villager woman model.

Level 19
the second one is better but im thinking of some torches lights on the walls if you know what i mean :p
4copper.jpg
Copper Coin

Last edited:
Level 12
the second one is better but im thinking of some torches lights on the walls if you know what i mean :p

yeah I do :p

The lighting in the second one is like... Meh, comparred to the first one. My suggestion is that you work with that awesome light in the first pic rather than the new one >.>

Noted.

IMO all you need is to make the ground tiles some mysterious substance too and then it'll be all good.

Hmm okay mysterious substance sounds like zerg creep to me :S

Teh doom guard

Maybe put a zombie and some corpses there.

Tried both - didn't work out too well :/

Level 8
Not enough doodads, not enough texture, not enough blah blah blah - change the color, change the fog, Change the atmosphere.....

:cry: :cry: :razz:

No - don't change a thing. I get the idea, the idea works - this is art - perfectly executed as the artist made it. I get the point of these two 'tunnels'.

This/These are one of the few times where less is more - a lot more - the focus is the atmosphere and the 'end of the tunnel' everything prior to that opening of light (in either) is 'meaningless'. The transition from life to death (and afterlife) is carried completely and perfectly in these two images.

The first one I think 'mommy' - going home, back to the bosom of 'mom's love'.

The second - scares the #%$ out of me.

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.