• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] What is wrong with this function?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
JASS:
function DarkPower takes nothing returns nothing
local unit caster = GetSpellAbilityUnit()
local location castloc = GetUnitLoc(caster)
local location orderloc = GetSpellTargetLoc()
local string modelpath = "Abilities\\Spells\\Undead\\DarkSummoning\\DarkSummonMissile.mdl"
call DamagingProjectileLaunchAOELoc(caster, modelpath, 1000, 0, castloc, 10, orderloc, 10, 100, 1, false, 1)
endfunction

JassCrat don't find any syntax mistakes. But WE don't want to save this :sad:

Sorry for my English :)

Level 10
Hmm perhaps the numbers you wrote are supposed to be reals and must be written with for example 10 as 10. in real value at Jass. Try that and see if it works. ( BTW you won't do this to all of them, just check the function at JC and find where it wants the real variables to be put on. )

Level 2
JC shows function in that way
JASS:
function DamagingProjectileLaunchAOELoc takes unit hurter, string modelpath, real speed, real arc, location loc1, real z1, location loc2, real z2, real aoeradius, real damage, boolean affectallied, integer DamageOptions returns unit
    return DamagingProjectileLaunchAOE(hurter,modelpath,speed,arc,GetLocationX(loc1),GetLocationY(loc1),z1,GetLocationX(loc2),GetLocationY(loc2),z2, aoeradius, damage, affectallied, DamageOptions )
endfunction
WE says(or writes :) ) that function name missing(or something like that, I have localized version of WE)

Level 12
If it wants reals and you input integers- that is no problem(or so it is in JNGP).
But I agree that the problem is in the way you call DamagingProjectileLaunchAOELoc.
I have no idea what system you are using, etc.
But I would suggest instead of using this local unit caster = GetSpellAbilityUnit(), use this local unit caster = GetTriggerUnit()

P.s. What is z?

Level 13
Can we see the whole trigger? I somehow have a feeling that you made a huge mistake (which happens to every beginner, don't worry).

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see all the posts. You're using a function from Vexorian's CasterSystem and you didn't implement that system in your map. I bet in 10$ that is the problem.

P.S. You would also need NewGen...

Status
Not open for further replies.