• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

WE Autosave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I wonder if anyone has thought of this earlier, but wouldn't it be great if you could turn on an autosave function in the WE that saved a copy of the map named e.g. "AutoSave.w3x" once every x minutes. The current autosave function can "destroy" a map (or at least it steals a lot of your precious your time) if you make a mistake and the WE autosaves your map. I know that the WE saves your map when you test it, but if you don't test your map that often it's kinda worthless. Hours of work may still be lost.

Level 5
Keep saving is the key word, i add something and save, make a trigger and save. its the best way to work and keep things organised. i like it to have many backups on my maps.

Level 5
I always save under a new name, for example: Holdem poker project v0.0001 and next save Holdem poker project v0.0002, i actually have 182 saves of my old aos and 130 saves of my new TD for the contest here. (for the td biggest part of saves are worthless because i reworked the system completely halfway through)

Status
Not open for further replies.