• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Watery Bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Here's a spell I need some little help with.
Think it's easy to make this better. Here is the spell:

Watery Bubble.

Increases the dodge chance of the target by 75% for 6/12/18 seconds.
Cooldown: 30 seconds.

This spell is used in a spellbook with full 11 spots used so there's no place anymore in the spellbook.

My problem is: How can I hide the evasion button from the target unit, because he will get a passive 75% evasion for 6/12/18 seconds.
Atm I'm using a custom icon with just a Black square, so it looks like its hidden, but if you mouse over you can still see a tooltip.

How can I really hide this ability? Like you hide some item abilities like +1 armor.

Thanks.

Level 8
First of all,
if u dont have an idea about Spellbooks let them be.
But u did 11 spells, so u know how to handle with spellbooks.
=> u should know that a unit can have multiple spellbooks.
As in my very short map, the hero has like about 3 books, each of those
books does have their own spells AND additionaly 2 books inseid.

Ths solution would be, give your unit a new spell book, place there
the Evasion ability and hide this book.
The evasion ability should have 2 levels.
L1 : no effect at all
L2 : 75% evasion.

then just switch the levels.

greets equal.

Level 19
Oke that could be an option.
However I just made up another idea about dodge and stuff.

I want to give every single unit an 8% dodge chance. So I'm thinking of creating an Evasion spell with 100 levels. 1% each level. To make me able to increase dodge chance with item bonusses and stuff. However..

Is there any trigger command that allows me to set the level of an ability instead of increasing + decreasing it. If I have to increase it 75 times I need a very long trigger and I don't want that.
Something with For Each Integer A or something if I'm right? But I never really used that, could someone explain that a littlebit?

Level 8
there is a function to do this and there is a option to do this with GUI... but sorry , my knowlege ends here.... i cant realy say somthing about Gui.

but just think about this, 100 level for 2 abilities, for several units....
with 8 targets this would realy be a lot.
MB just use vauls like 3,6,9 etc this wuold divide that all by 3.
just think about if that is a realy important detail to have it exactly 53% evade, where 54% or 51% would be near engouth to fit as well.

Level 19
Yep that's true. But else I could make something like: Set level of ability to <integer - player dodge chance> or something.
I am going to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.