• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Water Level Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Why I can't do this in a map that starts off as deep water? I could do it in a map which its preset level is ground, but not in deep water. I need a way to add water on top of raised areas.

NOTE: Yes, I've followed all the steps including checking off Enforce Water Height Limits.

Level 32
RobertMKD said:
Raise a level 2 cliff and put water?
Can't do that, it'd make the terrain look really ugly since I'm not using cliffs. The map is way too far in progress to change the base terrain as a ground level.
SF said:
Because basically it's like trying to add Deep Water on Deep Water, that's why it works on ground-based terrains.
Huh, you're probably right. Though, shallow water doesn't work either.
PublishedShadow said:
Did you try Pinzu's trick?
I read over it and sadly I can't do that because of what I already have established in the map.

Level 36
Water planes, that's the way to go.

It's tricky and frustrating to the bone, but given patience, it can work wonders for the
aesthetics of a map. Check out the UTM, under the "Water" category in doodads, there
you'll find various planes that'll fit with the wc3 water, and even one that is better than
the wc3 water.

Status
Not open for further replies.