• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft Universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I don't fully understand the warcraft universe and all it's glory:)P). I look in to it a lot, but everything i find is fragmented and inconstant, making me not quite understand everything in general. Some one know books to suggest or some things with the hole story from the very beggining? thanks :goblin_yeah:

Level 7
Obviously I would suggest playing Warcraft: Orcs And Humans through to TFT. I know this might be annoying, but in my opinion it would be the best way to digest the story as Blizzard intended. I myself haven't done this (yet) and therefore the whole story and meaning of the Warcraft universe is also fragmented for me.

However, if you simply want to read, or have already done this and still don't get it (which I expect is quite likely) I'd suggest going to the WoWWiki. Although majority of the content consists of World Of Warcraft related stuff, a fairly large number of articles are still about the original Warcraft games.
For you I suggest going to the article about the First War, which (I'm pretty sure) explains the storyline of the first game. You can then, from that, link off to pages such as the Second War, or the War of the Three Hammers (although I don't think that was in any of the games). You can also go to pages about specific characters and see how significant they were in the storyline.

I myself haven't done this since I want to see if I can understand it simply by playing the games, but hopefully it should be sufficient for you.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
In a short summary, Titans go around creating and shaping worlds according to the anti-chaos beliefs of the order of the Pantheon, the Burning Legion goes around destroying them.
Azeroth was rid off the Old Gods, created Dwarves from stone to shape the earth and Sea Giants to shape the sea, and then they created the Well of Eternity, which drew energies from the infinite Great Dark beyond the world to nourish all life. Before leaving, the Titans empowered 5 dragon aspects to safeguard their creation. The Well enhanced a primitive tribe of nocturnal humanoids; these would be known as the Night Elves.
The Night Elves' society was established, but Azshara and her loyal Highborne priests fell to an obsession about the Well's powers. Their reckless use of magic sent ripples of energy flying out and attracting the attention of Sargeras. They were so corrupted by magic that they immediately agreed to help him enter the planet once they were contacted.
While Sargeras was too big yet to pass, lesser Demons, like Infernals, Doom Guards and Felhounds, under the command of Mannoroth and Archimonde, made their way through the opened rift and broke in war with the Night Elves. Malfurion sought the help of his brother, Illidan, who was himself one of the Highborne, Tyrande, and Cenarius, who himself enlisted the aid of the Dragon Aspects. In a crucial battle, however, Neltharion, who renamed himself Deathwing afterwards, went mad.
Furion suspected that the Well was the gateway to the demons and convinced his group -- all except for Illidan, who broke from the crew and went to warn the Highborne of his brother's plan -- to strike Azshara's temple.

They were eventually successful, the Demons would be expelled from the world, and would later corrupt the Orcs on Draenor and get Gul'dan to open a pathway to Azeroth and engage in war with the Humans. By then, the Highborne, who continued to be addicted to magic even after Azshara's fall, had mocked the druids and unleashed a magical storm on Ashenvale, and had been thrown out of the lands due to that. They eventually settled on Lordaeron, their skin became lighter and they became High Elves. They were part of the Alliance who combated the Orcs during the Second War (WarCraft II) if you recall.

If you're looking into the entire story, here's chapter 1: mythos.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Site Discussion Discuss The Hive Workshop's content, features and files. Comment on our style, explore the site's possibilities or suggest improvements!
or
Warcraft Discussion Discuss topics related to Blizzard's Warcraft franchise, including Warcraft I, II and III. Ask questions about anything not covered in other forums.

I'd go with the latter.

Last edited:
Level 19
It's one of the best lores I've seen in my life, WoW Wiki would greatly help you, or maybe some of it's books like how I started off.

Level 7
You might actually be right there. That is, it looks more professional because you need to sign up if you want to edit it.
Still, it looks amateurish because the second W is lowercase, resulting in "Wowpedia" not "WoWpedia". And if I want to contribute I would do it in the WoWWiki, since I already have a Wikia account.

Level 19
If you're lucky, you'll meet some serious roleplayers of the Warcraft Lore so that they can explain those stuff still unknown to many.

Level 4
Most of you have been of great help, and I've read a lot of wowwiki and whenever I have a specific question I refer there, but that's where I learned everything and that's where everything gets fragmented, but you came to fill the holes of what i knew, thankyou all.

Level 4
hey, about the dragons... I didn't really understood what they are, and how their abilities work
could some one help me? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.