• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Ok does anybody know of a mapping clan that would let me join? I have one map done right now... although I have a ton of stuff to do on it until I'm offically "finished"... I have a pretty good knowledge of the World Editor. Those are my things that might interest a Clan to recruit me. As I said, I am not famous and while I owuld like to be, I probably will never be. So, if anyone knows a good mapping clan that would accept me, please tell me.

Level 2
Clan GS @ Azeroth

Recruiting for Clan GS @ Azeroth, which stands for the Graveyard Shift.

clangsec2.jpg

Who are we?
We are a new, but dedicated map making and testing clan. We work for hours and hours to make our maps the best, staying up all night if we have to (hence the Clan Name). The Graveyard Shift have released over 40 maps and have many more actively in production, including a clan map.

Why us?
Though some other map making clans consist of a random group of mappers, in our clan we strive to achieve a community where helping one another is just as important as helping ourselves. We consistently play each others' maps, and give written, constructive comments to the authors to help improve their maps. We require all potential members to fill out an applicatoin to join the clan, which is carefully reviewed and voted upon by our officers, in order to separate those who deserve to be in the clan, and those who don't.

We provide map makers with a private sub-forum (on our website) upon request where they may post any of their works or works in progress. The forum can be open to the public upon request as well, when the time is right.

The clan also has a ranking system that goes beyond the BattleNet limitations, giving members different privileges along the way (6 ranks total). Moving up in rank is done person by person: there are no specific "rules," however we guarantee that our members' efforts to further the clan will never go unappreciated.

What if you aren't a mapper?
Not only do we recruit map makers, but we also recruit people who are actively on Warcraft and can help test our maps. While this does not mean "professional" map testers, you need to be able to give comments that have reasons behind them.

Though we are a very new clan, our activity is shown through our maps and our forums. With our forums being little over 6 months old, we already have over 30,000 posts and have held many successful mapping contests.

We do NOT want you to have to give up playing your DotA games, or the maps you play for fun. We do NOT set "deadlines" where people must do work, but all we ask is to show you are active and will give a helping hand if needed.

How to join?

To join us, you must fill out an application form, and email it to [email protected]. Your application is very important to your acceptance. We take it very seriously, so you should take it seriously while writing it. All current members have filled out an application, and NO exceptions will be made.

Our website can be found at: www.clangs.org
--> Application can be found under the "Clan Information" section.

--> Or here: http://clangs.org/index.php?showtopic=54

-----------------------

Final Notes:

If any troubles or issues arise within or outside the clan, we will do our best to solve the problem with reason and common sense, addressing every case person to person in order to reach a fair decision.

Well, I realize this post sounds extremely formal to some - but do NOT think we are elitist or anything near that sort. I just wanted to make a good first impression. Our members are friendly and willing to help, being carefully chosen through applications. In any case, feel free to post at our forums or stop by our channel @ US East.

Wc3 and WAR forums
www.clangs.org

Level 12
... Thank you Lilsniper... did you guys forget who I am already? Check the list at clangs.org and you might still see me... yep there I am http://clangs.org/index.php?showtopic=9. You might want to ask him to fix that. Thaks for the offer to rejoin though, I liked the clan although it seemed like there were a few people who didn't like me. God I feel like a loser typing this.

Other clans to join includes (those I know of, though I am kinda rusty):

Clan CBS @ USEast & Northrend www.clancbs.com
Clan WEnW @ Northrend www.clanwenw.tk
Clan MoMM @ Northrend www.clanmomm.com (I think that's the address)
Clan BoM @ USEast
Clan TDG @ USEast www.jdg.net/tdg (or something like that, search google if it's wrong address)
Clan WCM @ USEast www.clanwcm.com (or .net/.org, not sure)

There are many more, just forgot most, good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.