• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Villager with 255 anims, attachment point request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey everyone how goes it? I would like to request an modification to Graber's 255 animation villager model, I already have his permission so this is a go.

this is the said villager model:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...nimations-192204/?prev=search=255&d=list&r=20

What I wanted to do with it is to make an attachment point to the villager's back so is is possible to attach weapons, shields and bows to it, like this image:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-two-handed-shield-shield_on_back_example.jpg

I have no knowledge about modeling, I posted this on triggers section and people told it needed just a simple attachment point, but sadly I don't know how to do it.

Thanks everyone!

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 26
You dont need attachment for the back, just use the attachment of the chest. Attach it to the chest, but remember the certain weapon must be made for the back. Get it?

He's right, the weapons need to be modified, not the villager. I tried creating a new attachment point but it turned out really bad, the weapons did flash for a few times and the weapons are just too long/big for his back. I know this could be solved by scaling the attachment point but there are a lot more issues.

He's right, the weapons need to be modified, not the villager. I tried creating a new attachment point but it turned out really bad, the weapons did flash for a few times and the weapons are just too long/big for his back. I know this could be solved by scaling the attachment point but there are a lot more issues.
Bullshit. This would mean he would need to import every attachment model twice.
Just because you aren't able to do it doesn't mean it's impossible.

@Streetpunk: Here's your model. The "chest lumber" attachment point is for the weapon on the back. Note that this was optimized for swords/staves/axes/polearms and possibly bows. For shields, you might want to create another one that is more in the center.

On a side note: are you sure you want to use this model? It has a lot of useless junk in it that just takes up precious filesize... you should probably use something more lightweight.

Attachments

• Villager255.MDX
    1 MB · Views: 69
Now who is talking bullshit?
It is a model that is able to do whatever you so desire... no big reason not to use it.
... if you don't care for filesize, sure.
But if you do and couldn't care less about having animations for stuff like playing guitar(?!), then yes, it IS a waste of space. This example btw is exceptionally terrible because not only does it add more keyframes, but also a fullblown geoset only for that animation.

Level 11
I'm sorry for the delay, I didn't saw you guys replied, Zwiebelchen I tried the model you sent, not only the sword got craved into the unit's chest like it was backstabbed but the ice guitar model is also displayed, I used "chest lumber" and "chest, lumber" attachment points and it didn't seemed to work, I managed to rotate and translate the weapons models so it fits my need, however, having to edit only the unit model would surely save me time and map size :( (I also replied on the Trigger section post I made earlier from this one)

ps: could you test the model to see if it works for you?
ps2: it seems like editing the 255 villager model causes the ice guitar to glitch in-game

edit: removing those guitar animations would surely save me some filesize, they're useless to me anyway. I never tried the 40 animation villager, I gave up on it once I saw there was no horse animations on it, is it better than this one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.