• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

(very) simple modelling request!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
A quickly done modelling request.

..simple for anyone in this business of course.

Here goes. I want to stick an impact effect on a normal missile model. Or more precisely, I want an Aoe look on the otherwise cool Red Dragon Breath missile (check for example the blue dragon has a huge impact effect). There's is a lot of existing explosion effects you can simply smack on.

Anyone up for it? Pretty please? :)

Last edited:
Level 5
Let me show you what I meant. It's so awesome, and much better than it looks on the screenshot:
dragonimpact.jpg

It really makes the missile art worthy of the red dragons area damage!

So far I've only temporary triggered the impact effect, but it's kinda inclomplete. I need for an ability also, and that can't be triggered.

The explosion effect to add is found here, made by the astonishing Will the Allmighty: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=102195
The amimation in question is called Explosion BIG.

Can anyone suggest for me how to just stick that impact effect on? :ned:

If the explosion consists exclusively of particle emitters, you can just copy them onto your missile.
By copy i don't mean litteraly, you have to make new "particle emitter 2"'s and change the values to the exact same as the explosion, add a death sequence in the sequence manager, and set it's start/end values to the end time of the "stand" and the time your original death anim takes respectively. Then you open each of the particles, and set "emission rate" to animated, and add some nombers to when it will emitt and not.
If you don't understand anything of what i just said, you might want to have someone do it for you. It's a tideous process.

Level 5
Thanks for the info.

I'd love it if someone did it for me, and I'd gone out of my way to credit the work. But I imagined this being an easy task, as both of the animations already iexists. If it's a tideous process, I guess it's hard finding someone willing to do it. And learning it itself would be a lot for just this one change; I don't have the time to generally go into the modelling business.

Status
Not open for further replies.