• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Users who submit extremely poor models/textures should be -rep'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
SuPa, as always, simply think about your time as newb, did you got neg repped for your work? (at the time where you were totally newby at making textures) And you got Feedback, and you got very good... so why do you want to change it? You should give other uses the same chance as you got, so, stop it, you are acting like a kid.

Level 27
But the thing you don't get here is that that harsh attitude helped me improve.
As much as some people would like for everyone to have the same psychology, this cannot be said for everyone.
people who haven't read the thread. said:
Don't -rep them! SuPa-, STFU!
I'm pretty sure SuPa- has realized that -repping is out of the question by now, and has retracted his proposal. Of course, I may have interpreted this wrong:
I see your point in all this... BUT I still like the idea of a harsher attitude by resource moderators

Level 25
Actually, to be more accurate on the usual harsh critique:

"This <texture/model> sucks. Learn to <texture/model> before you show it off. 1/10"

Usual nice critique for poor content:

"It's good, but needs work. I give it 4.5/10. Keep it up!"

Both criticisms, harsh and polite, need to improve. Telling someone it sucks and they need to 'keep working on it' is not nearly good enough.

~Craka_J

Level 25
True. But I don't think you should point the poorness of it out in such a vulgar way. Instead of saying "This fucking sucks and is nothing but utter shit. Keep working on it." You can instead say tell them what exactly about it that is poorly made, even if the entire thing is poorly made. Also, give them suggestions and hints on how to fix it up to look better. Its way more helpful than saying "It sucks, keep working."

~Craka_J

Level 34
How about; "Not all that great of a (whatever resource). You need to work on these areas_____ . Keep practicing. 1/10"

Actually, to be more accurate on the usual harsh critique:

"This <texture/model> sucks. Learn to <texture/model> before you show it off. 1/10"

Usual nice critique for poor content:

"It's good, but needs work. I give it 4.5/10. Keep it up!"

Both criticisms, harsh and polite, need to improve. Telling someone it sucks and they need to 'keep working on it' is not nearly good enough.

~Craka_J
Neither of those are critiques. Those are just people saying their opinions. Critiques say what they did right and what they need to work on, and give advice on how to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.