• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Unit refer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok Dudes i came up to a problem i cant solve on my own :(

The trigger i need should be something like this:

• Event
  • Unit - A unit starts training a unit
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • set Unitvar = Unit being trained
Now the problem is there is no such function as Event Reaction - Unit being trained
theres only trained unit but trained unit only works if the trained unit finishes training
But i need to fire this trigger before the unit finishes :(

Anyone knows how i can get the trained units name ?

Level 7
I have a custom resource on my map and some units need this resource so i want to check which unit is trained so i can cancel training if the player doesnt have enough of the custom resource
It would be even better to just keep him from training that unit but i think thats not possible ?

Level 4
  • (Trained unit-type) Equal to YourUnit
then use this tho check your resource level
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (YourResource[Player]) Less than 350
    • Then - Actions
      • Actions if not enough
    • Else - Actions
      • Do nothing

Level 7
haha i was just about to freak out cuz my ui force player to hit esc didnt work and now u send this map
Thank you :D
I didnt use the wait ... annoying stuff :(

Ok here comes my next challenge :D

Now it cancels training if i dont have enough resources but if i click fast on build or if i click train and then really fast change the selected unit it will not cancel
Any solutions ?

Level 7
First of all thanks for your effort, i appreciate that :)
I already had a trigger pretty similar to what u did: (sorry for trigger tags :D )
  • unittable
    • Event
      • Map Initialisation
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set trainedunittype[1]=Soldier
      • Set trainedunittype[2]=Knight
      • Set foodcost[1]=30
      • Set foodcost[2]=60
This sets the unittypes and its foodcosts

• unittrain
    • Event
      • Unit - A unit starts training a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • 'IF'-Conditions
              • (Trained unit-type) equals trainedunittype[(Integer A)]
            • 'THEN'-Actions
                • 'IF'-Conditions
                  • food[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] < foodcost[(Integer A)]
                • 'THEN'-Actions
                  • Wait 0.01 seconds
                  • Spiel - Force (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to press Escape/Cancel
                • 'ELSE'-Actions
                  • Set food[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (food[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] - foodcost[(Integer A)])
            • 'ELSE'-Actions
By pressing fast hotbuttons i could manage to build more units then i should
I tried the map u posted, your version was better but i have around 30 to 40 units so i prefer to do it as a loop. 6 is just a testnumber right now

I added this:
  • Player - Make (Trained unit-type) not available for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))
and of course reversed it at the end of the trigger
This prevented me from spamming one unit but i still can do it if i have 2 different units to train and press both hotkeys same time very fast
maybe most people wont discover these possibilities but you know it can ruin the game :(

Last edited:
Level 7
Ok after having tried different trigger types i discovered the ultimate cheat proof version.
It showed me that the whole direction of developement was wrong :)

Unit - Unit starts training isnt capable of doing what i wanna do
If you can afford to train the first unit but cant afford the following ones this event wont detect the ones that follow
You can only cancel units if it is the first to be trained
so... thx for your help, rep to everyone and now i have to find a way to make it work :/

Status
Not open for further replies.