• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unit Purchasing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I've made an external unit purchasing system in my map (basically the hero selector with regular units) but everytime I move my wisp to buy the unit I want - it will buy that unit and revive the wisp though I won't be able to buy any more units. What can I do?

Level 3
2h391ye.jpg

Level 3
  • (Triggering Unit) equal to (Picked Unit)
WTF is that supposed to say?!
What are you trying to compare the unit to?

I first compared it to a Wisp (unit buyer) before that. This was a different approach.

• Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
I have no idea why you have that action.

My first thought was that the trigger turned off everytime I bought my first unit.

Level 12
I first compared it to a Wisp (unit buyer) before that. This was a different approach.
Picked Unit only works inside [Unit Group - Pick every unit and do] loops.
If I understood your needs correctly you could compare the unit-type and owner of the wisp instead, given each player has a limited number of wisps.
My first thought was that the trigger turned off everytime I bought my first unit.
Well it doesn't, unless you have an external trigger that turns it off each time. I recommend to erase that action since it's useless.

Level 3
Whether I set it to "picked unit" or "unit buyer" and remove "turn on this trigger", it continues to give me the same problems.

{EDIT}
Nevermind I've decided to make it easier for myself and others and placed a building with a region around it that teleports the units made instead.

+rep for the efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.