• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unholy Alliance V

How much would you rate this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Unholy Alliance V

Download :
Link1
Link2

Greetings people in Hive, lol I'm pretty new here but since I heard that this is a pretty good place for getting feedbacks for maps, so I decided to post my latest project here to get some feedbacks from senior citizen here.

me said:
Please, leave feedbacks only if you've played the map... I don't want comment like "It seems that...", "from the screen shot...", "from the features..." man I hate people that judge a book from its cover...

Stories :
After Arthas became the Lich King reborn, the world broke up into few distinct power, forming Alliance for survival. Among the most powerful are the Scourge (Lich King), Forsaken (Sylvanas and Dark Elves), Orders (Human and Orc), and other minor races such as Ogre, Satyr, Demon, Furbolg, etc

You begin the story as a mercenary in the Town of Absurtus, choosing your Main Alliance from the 3 above alliance, and gather other races and raze all the other alliance!

Features :
- A RPG game combined with a little castle siege feature style gaming.
- Each hero have 5 active spells, and 11 passive skills enchanted in a spell book, by learning the active spells you will gain bonus from the passive spells with different combination of spells. (that make up to a total of 16 spells)
- The creep system are totally random, different creep might spawn for the same creep camp, never think that *oh this is a troll camp, i can easilly handle this... OMG WTF A DEMON !!... ::sound of flesh flying around::* and you get killed. Random secial feature might get enchanted to certain creep when spawned. (stone skin, extra strong, extra fast, etc)
- Multiquest system, you can finish off the game with different way you like, like helping the evil kill the goods, helping the good kill the evils, or simply just whack up both party, is all in your hand!
- Waypoint System that allows you to switch between maps.
- Advance Inventory system giving each hero allow to carry up to 4 main page item, 16 backpack items, and also 20 equiptment slots
- Advance Potion system (Potions triggered, they will heal based on the hero's stat, eg: high str hero may gain more life from using health potion, while high int hero may gain more mana.) And all the potions stack!
- Drag and Drop combination system (we are getting bored with recipe system in many games, so something new have to come out, and here's one, you drag and drop one item into another, crafting new item, with some luck you might get some unknown-item that was not listed in the recipe list :D

Screenshots:
Loading screen

Some in-game preview

The fierce battle between 2 Alliance, don't you wish to join one of the side?

Reagent recipe:
Don't know what to do with the reagents? Well try dropping it onto something and see what happens!
ReagenEquipmentCombined item

Smithing Hammer
Mercenary SwordEnchanted Sword

Smithing Hammer
Mercenary GuardEnchanted Guard

Skeleton Bone
Boots of SpeedWirt's Right

Magic Mushroom
Pendant of EnergyPendant of Spirit

Frigid Catalyst
Orb of FrostOrb of the North

Healing Wood
Broken StickScepter of Witch Doctor

Changelog :
Beta 0.23
- Updated quests after destruction of Kahl/Distorta (a mini td quest that come with a shot cinematic).
- New dungeon, the Cave of Koilos, with all the new creep camps and a new mini boss inside.
- Fixed more typo, renamed most of the chamrs. (Thanks again Anopob)
- More items.

Attachments

• (6)Unholy Alliance V 0.23.w3x
    892.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
- A RPG game combined with a little castle siege feature style gaming.
- Each hero have 5 active spells, and 11 passive skills enchanted in a spell book, by learning the active spells you will gain bonus from the passive spells with different combination of spells. (that make up to a total of 16 spells)
- The creep system are totally random, different creep might spawn for the same creep camp, never think that *oh this is a troll camp, i can easilly handle this... OMG WTF A DEMON !!... ::sound of flesh flying around::* and you get killed. Random secial feature might get enchanted to certain creep when spawned. (stone skin, extra strong, extra fast, etc)
- Multiquest system, you can finish off the game with different way you like, like helping the evil kill the goods, helping the good kill the evils, or simply just whack up both party, is all in your hand!
- Waypoint System that allows you to switch between maps.
- Advance Inventory system giving each hero allow to carry up to 4 main page item, 16 backpack items, and also 20 equiptment slots
- Advance Potion system (Potions triggered, they will heal based on the hero's stat, eg: high str hero may gain more life from using health potion, while high int hero may gain more mana.) And all the potions stack!
- Drag and Drop combination system (we are getting bored with recipe system in many games, so something new have to come out, and here's one, you drag and drop one item into another, crafting new item, with some luck you might get some unknown-item that was not listed in the recipe list :D

It sounds like you are desperate to make it have features that are virtually impossible, thinking that, as long as I can stack potion and give more inventory, it will be awesome. No! A game isn't based on features, at all. Features are additional, not core.

The drag and drop will not work, because it would have to store a ton of variables and chooses from one of them, then constructs the item and removes the originals. It will not work, I will tell you right now.

Level 3
You remade the map?
I was pretty sure there was a naga hero.

uh yeah, the old map was pretty screwed up, the system crashed on each other and giving me lots of trouble so I have no choice to remake the map... Anyway this version have a much better story flow so I guess is worth it :)

@Elfsilver Lord:
Have you played the map? I don't understand what you were saying there, the drag and drop combine system are working fine in my map, and whats wrong with storing data variable? Hmmm... or were you assuming that things that can't be done by yourself can't be done by others?

Last edited:
Level 3
Updated first post for a hint on what to do with the reagent items.

ReagenEquipmentCombined item

Smithing Hammer
Mercenary SwordEnchanted Sword

Smithing Hammer
Mercenary GuardEnchanted Guard

Skeleton Bone
Boots of SpeedWirt's Right

Magic Mushroom
Pendant of EnergyPendant of Spirit

Frigid Catalyst
Orb of FrostOrb of the North

Level 3
Hmph, it lags all the way or just lag for a while?

It might caused by the conversion of owner in the undead to an enemy force or the 1st spawn of certain unit...

Level 3
Hmph that's weird, few of my other tester have reported no problem on that part... might because of your computer performance? Anyway I'll try optimize the code see if I could reduce the lag.

Level 1
The map is very well made, don't pass judgment before playing the map, jeez some people really think too much of themselves. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean everyone else can't.

The map works fine on my pc, what sort of specs do u have on ur computer Callahan?

edit:

It sounds like you are desperate to make it have features that are virtually impossible, thinking that, as long as I can stack potion and give more inventory, it will be awesome. No! A game isn't based on features, at all. Features are additional, not core.

The drag and drop will not work, because it would have to store a ton of variables and chooses from one of them, then constructs the item and removes the originals. It will not work, I will tell you right now.

The more I read this post the more irritated I get, the features are already there, and yes their working, get off ur high horse u incompetent fool. Just because u cant do it doesn't mean everyone else can't.

Level 9
Well well, lets pretend we are grown up gentleman and dont flame at each other shall we?

He probably means it will cause some lagg, wich after seeing the posts, perhaps it does.
Or he doesnt have enough knowledge about triggers, JASS, GUI or whatever to know it IS possible to make. (if you take a look at warsoc, you'l know whats able)

Seems like an interesting project altough the terrain could be done much better

Level 3
Please, leave feedbacks only if you've played the map... I don't want comment like "It seems that...", "from the screen shot...", "from the features..." man I hate people that judge a book from its cover...

So far, not even a single proper review or feedbacks I could seen, *sigh*. Btw, JASS and GUI are both outdated now days, this map uses vJASS.

Well i think it was only this time.Probably somthjing like virus scan occured while i was playing.
About feedback i've finished the beta in singleplayer with mistress i was on forsaken side.
I can't say really much thing about the story since it's too short and i didn't played in multiplayer.
As i said before there is so many loots but since it's in singleplayer it should be ok.
The death penalty is really hard.The shade can't travel through area so at the part where i battled against the alliance alongside the undead.I had to ressurect my hero in the heart of battle dying immediatly after ressurecting.Maybe add a temporary invulnerability after ressurecting

Level 3
Hmph true, I'll do some tweaks on the next release about the death penalty, btw Callahan, I see that you have many interesting models on the resources :D Just wondering had you made any Lich-King-ish model? I'm in need of one here hehe...

p/s: glad to hear that there's no problem with the undead vs orc part :)

Last edited:
Level 3
Updated to 0.21 now.

Changelog :
Beta 0.21
- New Hero, Xerm the Tauren Warlord
- Reworked on Necromancer's Bone Spirit and Book of the Dead.
- Extend the middle map a litte, more creep camps.
- A minor invulnerable after resurrection.
- Fixed typos detected (Thanks Anopob, Av3n)
- New items, item combination recipe.
- Minor balancing on creeps.

Level 3
0.23 now

Beta 0.23
- Updated quests after destruction of Kahl/Distorta (a mini td quest that come with a shot cinematic).
- New dungeon, the Cave of Koilos, with all the new creep camps and a new mini boss inside.
- Fixed more typo, renamed most of the chamrs. (Thanks again Anopob)
- More items.

Level 3
well yes, and I've been reported that there are some problem with multiplayer game, I'm fixing that up currently

Status
Not open for further replies.