• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Underworld Fortress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Current Version: Beta Version 1.1

About Underworld Fortress:

I've been working on a singleplayer dungeon crawler map, which also is my first project, based strongly upon the Diablo III (Yes I know it's not exactly original anymore) gameplay footage when it comes to mechanics. However please don't think this is just a copy of the gameplay movie because there are a few maps out allready that do this a lot better then I ever could.
I would like to ask you to test this map without prejudice, however.

The most important thing I wanted in my map is lots of scripted encounters and also scripted bossfights. The thing I really want to avoid is to have a map where all you do at a bossfight is just stand there and bash on the boss and drink a potion every 15 seconds until he falls over. You will find that especially the first boss is impossible to kill if you just stand still and bash on his head.

Also I'm still working on a storyline to put this map in. It may feel a bit pointless now but just keep in mind there probably will be a story coming. If you want an open world RPG with an incredibly deep storyline, this is not for you:wink:.

Features:
-About 30 to 60 minutes playtime (for now)
-Two scripted bosses that require movement to defeat
-Scripted encounters such as summoners and a gauntlet!
-Minibosses (or Unique or Rare monsters)
-All customized weapons and armor with custom icons
-Music from Diablo III
-One custom hero with three custom abilities
-An Itemsystem
-The ability to teleport to your personal stash to store unused items

Planned for the future:
-Storyline
-Polish the itemsystem
-More heroes and a hero selection system
-Custom models
-More diversity among enemies
-Maybe a multiplayer version
-More triggerwork on abilities

Lastly, I know the itemsystem can sometimes bug. I would suggest that you DO NOT spam-click to pick up a weapon or piece of armor because this can irreversibly bug the item system. Please save often so you can load your game if this happens.

Thanks in advance to anyone who tests and feedbacks on my work!

-ArKaineRevived

EDIT: Fixed the hero I forgot to remove...

Changelog:
v1.1:
-Soulwells have been added where the hero revives after death. These soulwells are scattered throughout the fortress and are activated automatically when the hero nears it.
There is no penalty yet for dying.

-The hero now has a spellbook called "Stash functions", where he can now find the "Transport Item" ability, allowing him to instantly transport a targeted item to his stash.
This spellbook also contains the "Enter Stash" ability.

-All potions now stack up to 5 times. A new potion can only be added to an existing stack in the hero's inventory if there is at least one free space in his inventory.
Stacks can be split by double-right-clicking on them.

-Malkonis now has a minimum cooldown of 1.5 seconds on his stun ability, to counter the hero being hit twice by it in one charge.

-Health Essences will sometimes spawn where flamestrikes are cast by Demonic Firecallers during the Gauntlet event.

-The Burning Striker, the Spider Fang and the Demonblood Waraxe now do more damage.

-Maldrid the Rot and Painmaster Kruzis now drop more Health Essences.

Attachments

• Underworld Fortress Beta v1.1.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
  • Underworld Fortress Changelog.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Level 8
I tested it (again) and here is my review:

Things you should change:
-Create a trigger which apply the cam every 0.01 seconds or someone will change the cam and cannot see right anymore :D
-No revive. I have to save often to play.
-Don´t do all same like the original Diablo III (Treasure Ghosts)

Positive Things:
-Mass enemys^^
-Ok Spells
-Bossfights
-Cool Items

Negative Things:
-Very hard without revive :grin:
-Some things same to Diablo III Beta-Map

Questions:
-Why are there 2 same heroes?? Can you explain us that?^^
-Are there rare items too?
-Give some more Character info in this thread, too

SO:
A really nice map, you should add some blood, more doodads etc. to make it looking better :) Keep on working on it. I hope there will be a little camp/town/village, too. :thumbs_up:

Mark (1-6)
2-

Last edited:
Level 2
Oh crap I forgot to take out the 2nd hero before uploading it:hohum:!

Thanks for your feedback, I'll work on those things.

Level 15
hm, i like the atmosphere, this map has potential. just make a revive system ;))
more custom spell wouldn't hurt ;)
jeez, don't use WoW isons as they are... add borders... =)) and make disabled versions
make bosses drop health orbs (like 2 or 3) - w8ing isn't heroic =))
thats all i could review, 'till i got pwned =)))
(1 hero killed by Painmaster, another one by the summoning event) =))

if u send me that D3 music, i'll give u +rep ;))

Level 2
Well the hero that's close to Kruzis has been removed now since he's not supposed to be there :) I'll add a revive system in the next couple of days when I have the time.

Also a small note: Malkonis the Obliterator, which is the first real boss (Painmaster Kruzis is a miniboss), is beatable. You just have to find the right way to position him and be quick enough:grin:.
Feel free to use cheats to get further in and to test more content btw, just try doing it without the first time of course and if you do use it, try attempting the bosses without :wink:.

I'll edit out the borders on the icons as well, and I'll send you the music tomorrow ;-).

Level 15
Tested it, was rather cool :) Some suggestions:
Add the Enter Stash thing to a spellbook and add other stash related stuff, like an ability that stores the target item to your stash, would make life wonderful~!
The game was rather cool! I got to Malkonis the Obliterator, was pissed off that I couldn't use potions, used all the ones I could hold -_-. Pleaes do make a potion stacking system so heroes can carry more than 2 potions into battle! I didn't save because I didn't expect myself to fight a boss then :S. Maybe give a sort of warning, like "You feel a powerful source of Dark Energy nearby" or something.
The Obliterator's spell is crazy. He double casted it on me once, the first missed and the second killed me... I like it that all the mini-bosses and bosses show some warning before they actually do anything powerful.
The spells are fine, but I know you can do better :) Try more abilities and replace some of the current ones with more unique abilities. Keep the Cleave skill though, its really useful :D
Good luck with the map, it has much potential! You can make it awesome, just update often :) +rep for the awesome map!

Level 8
I tested again (this time full)
See first post of me

I will also download the new version :p
Keep on working!

Level 2
New version is uploaded in the first post!
Here's an overview of the changes which can also be found in the included changelog:

v1.1:
-Soulwells have been added where the hero revives after death. These soulwells are scattered throughout the fortress and are activated automatically when the hero nears it.
There is no penalty yet for dying.

-The hero now has a spellbook called "Stash functions", where he can now find the "Transport Item" ability, allowing him to instantly transport a targeted item to his stash.
This spellbook also contains the "Enter Stash" ability.

-All potions now stack up to 5 times. A new potion can only be added to an existing stack in the hero's inventory if there is at least one free space in his inventory.
Stacks can be split by double-right-clicking on them.

-Malkonis now has a minimum cooldown of 1.5 seconds on his stun ability, to counter the hero being hit twice by it in one charge.

-Health Essences will sometimes spawn where flamestrikes are cast by Demonic Firecallers during the Gauntlet event.

-The Burning Striker, the Spider Fang and the Demonblood Waraxe now do more damage.

-Maldrid the Rot and Painmaster Kruzis now drop more Health Essences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.