• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Undead Campaign - March on Silvermoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
In mission 5 (I think?) of the RoC Undead Campaign, the bug is that if you possess a peasant he can build all the buildings other than the barracks because it's classed as organic (he begins building but stops); therefore the repair skill doesn't work on it. If you build an altar you can also train an unlimited amount of the three Human heroes. Whilst I believe the ability to possess and build with the High Elf Worker is intentional those two nuances I don't believe to be intentional.

Level 7
And how exactly do you possess anything? I can`t seem to build any Banshees. Do you have to use a cheat?

And how exactly do you possess anything? I can`t seem to build any Banshees. Do you have to use a cheat?

Wow... Are you new to Warcraft 3? If so let me help you.

A banshee is an Undead spell-caster unit trained at Temple of Damned. Banshee has possession ability that is available trough research and tier 3. For more information on how to play the game, click here.

Level 7
Apparently, you`re the one new to War3, not me.
Most if not all campaign maps have tech limitations, like, you`re not supposed to be able to build everything available. Banshees aren`t included in the set of units you`re supposed to get for this mission.

Apparently, you`re the one new to War3, not me.
Most if not all campaign maps have tech limitations, like, you`re not supposed to be able to build everything available. Banshees aren`t included in the set of units you`re supposed to get for this mission.

After you complete the optional quest to destroy Sylvanas base, Arthas turns her into one and you can then train them.

Level 18
Ah, good old days when I had like 50 Archmages with names like Landazar VII...

Yes, you can possess a worker and build. I've encountered the bug with non-building too. Also, if you possess a villager, she has the Wander ability to she has to be controlled every second or so. And if you let her wander too much, she'll just go to her house and disappear.

This is one of my favorite bugs. When going to the sunwell, I had like 10 paladins.

I believe you can do this in some of the other campaign levels as well. It can lead to some really weird tech-trees. But I think this bug is of minor importance and doesn't really need to be fixed, right? I feel like you should be rewarded with 10 paladins or Landazar VII if you manage to possess one of their workers.

Pretty funny bug all-in-all.

Level 18
Maybe that's why they left it. Also, 10 paladins aren't that useful when you play undead... Landazar VII on the other hand means a legion of water elementals.

On a side note, in Frozen Throne when you possess a blood elf or naga worker, they lose the ability to build anything, maybe for that precise reason - it's easier to capture them. Possessing every unit that passes through Sylvanas' camp in the first mission is pretty funny though.

Yeah, I once got 1 MK, 2 Palas and 2 Archmages and treated the Sunwell Guardians like a WoW boss lol.

Haha, same.

Maybe that's why they left it. Also, 10 paladins aren't that useful when you play undead... Landazar VII on the other hand means a legion of water elementals.

On a side note, in Frozen Throne when you possess a blood elf or naga worker, they lose the ability to build anything, maybe for that precise reason - it's easier to capture them. Possessing every unit that passes through Sylvanas' camp in the first mission is pretty funny though.

Yeah, I actually thought divine shield would be enough and then holy light on half of them, but they actually got wrecked. :<

Possession was the only way I survived the first mission UD TFT. Those bandits are tough as hell.

Level 6
OMG yes, this bug was my favorite one too!

I remember taking over a high elf worker and building the shit out of altar of kings', then spamming every human Hero at least 100 times before assaulting the Silvermoon City.

They best leave this issue as it is, I had so much fun with this bug :ogre_haosis:

Level 24
I thought everyone knew this :/, since I always like possessing units using banshee (Da Dark Lady chapter in TFT), I experimented on every undead including campaign, then possessed faction workers,
Like Footman16 said, you can possess elven workers, though I'm annoyed that I can't finish building the barracks, the altar is quite useful, oh yeah, when I tried building its tower, it doesn't have pathing.
When I found out WE, I finally found this kind of stuffs.

For sometimes, I repeat the campaigns, I think I'm too lazy to posses workers now since these banshees' possess can be disabled when the target is moving, unlike in TFT.

Level 18
Yeah, I think Blizzard intended to have Sylvanas also possess all the gnolls, murlocs and trolls in that mission if her quotes are any indication. Which I do anyway.

Possession was disaled on a moving target? Never knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.