• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unactive Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey, I just bought a new samsung laptop not too long ago. One of less expensive ones with a dedicated graphics card. However, in order to conserve power (and give me a 7 hour battery life) it's turned off (or maybe components of it are?). Simply put, even though it may not be this simple, I was wondering if anyone knew were the 'on switch' was.

Likewise, programs like systemrequirementslab.com don't pick up on the geforce graphics and instead pick up on the intel, which then claims i'm on above the minimum requirements for some games strictly because of my graphics card.

Assistance? I would like to be able to see if I can legitimately run sc2 before buying.

Level 2
It may not be hardware blocked but possibly software blocked. What operating system are you running? I can give you a few things to try if your on 7 / vista or even linux but not XP

Level 2
You may like XP better but get 7 anyways. Your days are becoming very limited so you might as well move on, If anything take into consideration of all the security holes, or even the memory leaks. XP is not good, more convenient sometimes but just past its day

Status
Not open for further replies.