• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ultra Slow Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guuuys :D

i've seen this video some months ago. And i really want to use that cool slow motion style for a new game video of mine. Is there any way to do this simple? Because im not too good in triggering, and changing the options of a lot of units would consume way too much time (even if i knew which variables to change), i guess.

Now i know that it was fairly easy to change unit movement speed in warcraft 3, but projectiles had to be faked with invisible units and stuff, and i have no idea at all about how to slow down aaall the animations.

So, if somebody got a solution or any hints, i'd be very grateful!

Thanks, RyFridge

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
As the alpha mothership showed, time scale affects both missles and units.

It is completly possible to make a missle statis field using the data editor alone which stops all projectiles but lets units walk through it. Like wise you can easilly make a time stop ability like seen in DotA Allstars with nothing more than nulling the unit time scale of the affected units in an area.

Level 3
Sounds great! :)
Could you maybe tell me where to find it exactly or do a screenshot? Because i got trouble finding that 'behaviour' in the german editor version :(

Do i have to look for the special unit or at behaviours? (and if there, which one and how does it work?)

Sorry :( im just not familier with this stuff yet.

Level 12
In data editor, it's the tab with miniature green reaper icon
attachment.php

If you won't be able tp find Time Scale, try toggling raw data display (CTRL+D), that will display field system names rather than descriptions, and those should be in english.

Attachments

• behavior.gif
    behavior.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 250
Level 3
So now i would like create a new behaviour to buff on my 'slow motion' units? For example i'd duplicate the zealot charge and then modifie which field? I see theres time scale, but that just lets me choose from 3 options, not put in a value. Or modification? But what to change there?

Status
Not open for further replies.