• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Triggered Illusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I don't know if this is a request, or what... but I'll ask anyway. Sorry if wrong place.

I need to create an illusion of the caster (only 1), the ability having 10 levels
Illusion deals damage: From 0.10 on level 1 to 1.00 in level 10.
Illusion has expiration timer from 5 in lvl 1, to 15 in lvl 10.
Illusion has locust (incontrollable/targetable)

The thing is that illusions created via 'Mirror Image' only detects the damage of the Primary Attribute and bonuses, but my hero receives damage from all stats by Item Permanent Damage Bonus, not from attributes. The Hero can have 40-40 damage, and the illusion only deals the base damage (15-15).

So, basically, I need to create a clone of my hero, with same damage base, damage bonus, stats and everything, like illusions created in DotA by Darkseer ultimate, or Terrorblade =/ or the Illusion Rune :p

Btw, Wand of Illusion doesn't work either.

Level 37
I got a trigger like this. I'm not quite familiar with illusions but this works for me.

I have one dummy unit having inventory ability, one dummy item "Wnad of Illusion" and one dummy ability "wand of illusion" as well.

I don't have a test map this is just taken from a campaign I'm making.

• Illusory Double I Special Ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacked unit) has buff Illusory Double ) Equal to True
      • (Owner of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Attacked unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Illusion Dummies for (Owner of (Attacked unit)) at TempLoc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Hero - Create Illusory Double Dummy Item and give it to (Last created unit)
      • Hero - Order (Last created unit) to use (Last created item) on (Attacked unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
      • Wait 15.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Level 20
I tried casting Wand of Illusion on myself, and the illusion created seems to work the same than the 'Mirror Illusion', or is has any difference if it's cast by another unit? So the illusion is fine, but the dmg rate isn't adjusted to the real damage of the casting unit.

OR, there's a better way to add damage with any of the stats (other than using damage tomes), or there should be a way around to create a exact copy of the casting hero... disabling it's active abilities, adding an expiration timer, and changing it vertex to make it blue. I'm thinking it over and over but nothing comes to my mind :p

Level 2
You could change the Gameplay-Constants.
Search for "Gameplay - Illusions" there you can turn on damage bonus, attackspeed bonus ect.

Now _all_ illusions get the bonus from items, like damage or defense.

If this illusion is the only one which should get the bonus from items, this is not the best solution.

Anyway, i hope it helps.

Level 20
All those fields are set to true. The illusions get the + dmg (green), but not the Unit Dmg gained via Item Permanent Damage Gain =/ Thanks though :)

Level 20
OOoooooooooooohohohohoho :p

k... every level the hero gets 6 skill points to distribute amongs 3 stats, hp, or mana.

Could I give the illusion some sort of buff/item/ability/skil/something, to increase its damage to (Level of Casting Unit x 4) (as a bonus dmg)... right? :p But I don't know how to :D

Level 33
As I have tested, that illusion can have that ability (Item Bonus Damage) if it is added to him by trigger.

But, the problem is, the damage added is in static value (20, 43, 98)

I don't know how to increase its damage by (Level of Casting unit * 4).

But I'm telling you, illusion can have that passive ability for himself and the Caster (both are affected)

Level 20
I would have to add the ability with 300 levels to the hero, hide it, and increase its level when the hero increases str, agi or int... that's too much..

Maybe I could just make a skill that increases damage and cast it on the illusion, and make the level of the ability casted same than ability of the Illusion....

Status
Not open for further replies.