• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Trigger Wouldn't Turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
In a map set in the Napoleonic Era that I am making, you choose Victory Point limit, Battle Size, and Gamemode; then if you win the gamemode you get a victory point (VP), but once you get the right amount of VP's it doesn't activate the trigger which allows you to win. I don't understand it. I posted the map to make sense and so you can see the triggers.

Attachments

• Battle of Rois.w3x
    3 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Level 13
Okay, well upon very slight inspection, you really need to change how you have this set up. You're leaking groups and points every .01 seconds and even if you were to fix those, creating that many groups that often is not needed and is going to cause significant fps/lag issues.

Level 10
Okay, well upon very slight inspection, you really need to change how you have this set up. You're leaking groups and points every .01 seconds and even if you were to fix those, creating that many groups that often is not needed and is going to cause significant fps/lag issues.
How should I do the in-game victory check and the real victory check then?

Level 13
Just so I am clear, explain how victory ought to be achieved.

I only looked for a second and am on mobile now, but I recall its when a team runs out of units?

But just briefly describe so there is no confusion.

Level 13
So probably the best way to do it is going to be add all the units in a players army to a unit group.

Then when a unit dies, check which group it was in, remove it from that group, then loop through the whole group counting each unit, then check to see if the number of units in the group is 0. If so, that player is defeated and whomever should win gets the VP

Level 13
Turning things on and off is not a problem but probably you were accidently turning something off when it needed to be on etc.

Again this is all speculation, but after seeing the current way the code was organized it does not seem unfeasible that it could have some mistakes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.