• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trigger limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I was wondering, is it possible that triggers won't work correctly because there are just too much of them?

Because I can't think of any other reason why some of my simplest triggers aren't working; triggers such as this:

• Purification
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Purification (Templar)
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
It works when my own units use it, but it won't when computer players cast the spell. It's like this with a couple of triggers.

Level 8
If it works when a unit of your own uses the ability the trigger is running.
Make sure the computer units have that ability. Maybe you got two identical abilities. Altought the condition only detects one of them.

Level 22
Well, the weird thing is that these triggers did work in my test map (for computer controlled units as well). I create all spells there, and then copy them to other campaign maps.

All those complicated triggers are working fine, but simple ones aren't (not for computer units, at least).

Maybe it's got something to do with player properties?

Level 22
hmm really strange...
can you post the map?

It's a campaign though. Not so sure about uploading it here yet.
But is there anything you wanted to look at specifically?

I think you get an error while saving your map if the triggers exceed the limit, not sure though, my info on WE is outdated.

I hope you're right, because I didn't get an error yet. :eek:

Level 8
Maybe the limit is 8912 too. Just a guess :p
Also, how many triggers you have?

But is there anything you wanted to look at specifically?

No, i would like check everything. My guess here is that maybe the computer untis have a different (similar) ability, maybe with the same name.

Level 8
I'm not sure, but 8912 is the limit of the size of an array, so it's possible (not guaranteed) the limit of triggers (if there's one).
Also, this effect have a death animation? otherwise it will be created and destroyed before you can even see it (and the effect on your units is made by another trigger).

Its just for testing purposes, but you can add a wait between your triggers to test it. But if you want that wait to be permanent you must use custom scripts to store that effect in a local variable.

Level 8
No death animation. :)

It have no death anim? Then you are creating and immediatelly destroying a effect. It happens so fast that even the best camera in the world wouldn't get a frame of the effect lol

For some reason the trigger I posted here works for computer units now, but I'm not sure why... It's like sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Weird.
I'll just keep looking.

wtf? you edited something? check for EVERYTHING you changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.