• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trigger Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello guys,
I was wandering,is there a way I can make a trigger/system that does a thing like this.

Hero kills a creature----->Creature drops an item----->Hero takes the item ----> Hero changes his model permanently into a new one but he keeps his old abilities,lvl & stats------>hero kills another creature----->creature drops a new item------>hero drop his old item (becouse he can't carry two items that have the same effect)and picks the new one----->Hero changes his model again into a new one permanently,keeping his old stats etc..

I want this so everytime the hero picks an armor item his model changes into a new one.

I need this for a map I'm making.If you want to see it tell me.
Sorry for bad english.Hope you get what I mean.I will be really thankfull to anyone that helps or at least tries helping. :cute:
Thanks in advance.

Level 3
With attachments?How?
I mean...I got a Unarmored Goblin Model,and an Armored Goblin Model.I want the Unarmored one to morph into the armored one's model when he picks an item.
I don't know how to do this with attachments.And about morphing,well,that could be an idea,but still i can't figure out how to do it.Please someone help me by showing me an example or something.Thanks for replying Axarion!

I just made this:
Gear
Event
Unit - A unit owned by Giocatore (Red) Picks an Item
Condition
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Condition
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Uguale a Grunt Armor
Then - Azioni
Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Goblin using Relative old unit life and mana
Else - Actions

The problem it that when i pick up the item my game crashes.Damnit,please someone help me.

Last edited:
Level 7
First you need to make your other hero to have same abilities, same stats, same stats per level.... etc(basicly everything on object editor).. then download attachment and copy triggers and change everything what you need.. i couldnt make anything about abilities I tried but i failed hope i helped somehow..

Attachments

• test_map.w3x
    15.2 KB · Views: 59
I think the reason it crashes is the bj for replacing a unit gives the unit the old unit's items, therefore causing an infanite loop

Try this.

• I just made this:
  • Gear
  • Event
  • Unit - A unit owned by Giocatore (Red) Picks an Item
  • Condition
  • Actions
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  • If - Condition
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Uguale a Grunt Armor
  • Then - Azioni
  • Trigger - Disable (This trigger)
  • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Goblin using Relative old unit life and mana
  • Trigger - Enable (This trigger)
  • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.