• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Tranquility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How do i make Tranquility spell(Kotg ultimate) in AoE and non channeled with floating text and boost abilty depends caster strength? Would be good if some one post triggers about how to make it. The ability heals over time. Whnever allied units stays in AoE they get healed, when they leave the AoE they don't get healed

Level 6
Caster can move, the ability stays when it was first casted. The caster can use his other abilities while he get healed by AoE Tranquility

Level 23
Can you explain further details on the floating text and boost ability depending on the caster strength?

I have no access to a PC with world editor right now but I will give you the basic idea how to do it

Create a dummy Ability (can be based from Channel) that has no target
Lets name it dummy Tranquility
Create a Dummy Caster and Add the real Tranquility ability
Order last created unit to cast it

• Event
    • Unit - A Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast = dummy Tranquility
  • Actions
    • Set tempPoint = Position of Triggering Unit
    • Unit - Create 1 dummyUnit at tempPoint
    • Unit - Add real Tranquility from Last Created Unit
    • Unit - Order unit to NightElf - KOTG Tranquility
    • Unit - Add Expiration Timer to Last Created Unit
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint)
The Expiration timer depends on how long Tranquility lasts

Level 10
I created a Tranquility ability with bribes Damage Detection System. I simply used Starfall gave it all the special effects of tranquility in the editor, set the targets to friendly, set its damage to 0.01 and each time units get 0.01 damage and the DamageSource is Druid the DamageTarget is healed by 30-60 points with floating text and everything else. Works perfectly. I guess you can make one moveable tranquility with the phoenix abilities or simply with a dummy unit using thunderclap.

Level 6
I don't get this one. Unit - Create 1 dummyUnit at tempPoint. If its Unit - Create units facing point, i cant make it to look like your action. Because it looks like Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for Player 1 (Red) at TempPoint facing (Position of (Triggering unit))

Level 23
I don't get this one. Unit - Create 1 dummyUnit at tempPoint. If its Unit - Create units facing point, i cant make it to look like your action. Because it looks like Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for Player 1 (Red) at TempPoint facing (Position of (Triggering unit))

Yes that's exactly it. Sorry for not being too specific. But its not for Player 1

• Unit - Create 1 dummyUnit for (Owner of Triggering Unit ) at tempPoint facing 0 degrees

Level 6
Could you please fix your trigger? This doesn't make any sense. The unit is last created unit or triggering unit? And what that suppose to mean?
Unit - Add Expiration Timer to Last Created Unit
Unit - Add ability is the only function with add. Thats not possible to add Expiration timer. Unless you make dummy ability called Expiration Timer(please be more detailed)

Level 23
The dummy unit is the last created unit.
The triggering unit is your hero (e.g. kotg)

• Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to Last Created Unit
What this trigger means is to destroy the dummyUnit after it is finished channeling ability.

This is if your Tranquility last 10 seconds or less

PS: told you i don't have WE at that time so I was not able to copy the exact words from triggers

Last edited:
Level 18
Base the spell on channel (and do whatever needed to make it an instant spell with nothing).

Do you want it MUI ?

If yes :
. 1 trigger for the cast, 1 for the loop (I admit you use GUI and (v)JASS).
If no :
. 1 trigger for the cast and the loop

In the cast, add the effect tranquility in the area (IIRC there is one).

In the loop you loop through all the areas you made with the spell and heal every unit on it and when it passed destroys it.

Status
Not open for further replies.