• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Tooltip Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
ICON.jpg

This tool generates tooltips.

Select your template and type the title and description.

Requirements

.Net Framework 4 (Standalone|Web Installer)

Suggestions
Suggestions are as always, welcome.

My Other Apps:
My Wc3 Manager

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Here is a rough, quick-made test template, from Diablo 2.
All images used will be forced to a size of 350x200 and use the PNG type, as well being saved in PNG.

EDIT: Here comes the default one from WC3

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

PNG should work, I will attach an example template as fast as possible, as well as creating more.

EDIT: Attached a rough one for testing issues.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The font choice is going to be an extension for an updated version, as I heard :)

Thank you for notifying!

I myself noticed 'Green' is the default colour for the description colour, not as supposed 'White (Default)'

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I think giving the user more power for customization in possible future versions is a good idea, as there are, for example,
the customizable font Chaosy mentioned,
a choice to left-bound, center or right-bound independently title and description,
maybe an option to only colour certain words of the whole title and/or description,
and a preview before actual saving the image.

These are things coming to my mind, what do you think about them ?

Level 6
I think giving the user more power for customization in possible future versions is a good idea, as there are, for example,
the customizable font Chaosy mentioned,
a choice to left-bound, center or right-bound independently title and description,
maybe an option to only colour certain words of the whole title and/or description,
and a preview before actual saving the image.

These are things coming to my mind, what do you think about them ?
Font customization and preview will be added in the next version
I will try adding text centering and left and right.

Coloring a certain number of words are rather hard, i don't know.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

That is great to hear!

Hm... and if you add the option to hex-colour ? So you can choose a basic colour, but also tint parts of the text using selectable hex-colour ?

Level 6
I cannot use hex-color to draw text on the image in winforms, therefor i would have to switch to wpf, which is a remake of the application.

Edit: I might actually do that, WPF is a lot better.

Level 6
apcrabnightlive said:
What is this .Net framework 4?
How do I know if I already have this?
.Net framework needs to be installed to run some applications.

To check if it is installed or not, go to Control panel > Programs > Programs and Features and see if it exists in the list.

If it is not installed, you can install it from here: .Net Framework 4 (Standalone|Web Installer)

Level 21
I managed to generate a text on a photo of myself and it was good but I asked myself two questions:

1- How does this help me with Warcraft? I have a PNG image produced with some text, what will I do with it in the World Editor?
2- Can't I just do that very simply on Paint?

As a suggestion, it would be great to be able to have RGB values selectable from a range of 0 to 255 to create custom colours e.g I want gray so I'll put 128 to red, green and blue.
Custom fonts would also be an awesome idea as formerly suggested.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I managed to generate a text on a photo of myself and it was good but I asked myself two questions:

1- How does this help me with Warcraft? I have a PNG image produced with some text, what will I do with it in the World Editor?
2- Can't I just do that very simply on Paint?

There are so many reasons why this will prove handy, I don't know where to start.

It won't help you in Warcraft, not directly at least.

But, ever wanted to print a simple tooltip for your spell submission ?
Printing tooltips for your hero presentation, tired making screenshots in Warcraft ?
Ever thought about creating a custom interface, but tired of creating the tooltips yourself and having to take care of every single creation ?

This tool allows to print text on an image, for my purpose tooltips.
The uses are endless, you can easily create tons of pictures which all offer unique use.
Upcoming versions will extend its features quite a lot, allowing to re-create any tooltip you would like to create for your own purposes.

By the way guys, do you want me to create some other examples ? I think a simple Warcraft-like tooltip would be good, but I could offer even more, Diablo ones, StarCraft, anything from Blizzard, ANY other game you always wanted a tooltip base from.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

But as I mentioned before, can't this be done on Paint much faster?

Depends. You have to pay attention that you have the correct proportions, create everything yourself and so on.

With this tool you can simple input some text and get a full tooltip out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.