• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Wheel of Time . . . A map you should take a look at...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
=/

there are a few things with the movement system :

1) Its a good movement system indeed. However, with a map like this, the movement doesn't fit right. Since you cant turn around that easily.
2) the movement doesn't allow the cahracter to slash his sword while he is moving, so its basically like the other movement system.
3) I like this movement system alot, and i would use it for a difffernt map ( most likly the Dark Cloud, if i begin to update it) but it doesnt' seem to fit this map.

Also i had trouble installing it to another more recent version of the map...tons of errors occcured when i did =/

I know you spent time on it, so im not gonna put it to waste. Im gonna use it in a different map, but sadly not this one. I think im gonna keep the GUI movement system, since it allows movement sounds ( like footsteps ) which the V jass one doesn't (even though you probably could make it =p)

BUT THANKS YIXX :D i luv you either way.

Level 9
lol how come nobody mentions the fact that you can not turn to the left ?

and ... realism ?

sry man but an enemy hits me with his axe dealing like 10 damage each time when i have 400 hp... thats not the peek of realism.
neither is the fact that i can stand infront of the opponent hitting "esc" like a choleric without hitting him even once.

the terrain is pretty much awesome, but in my opinion (don't be offended plz its just MY opinion) everything else is below average.

Level 18
lol yea vercas was the first person to get any of my maps.

and everyone mentioned not turning left lol... i cant figure out how to fix it.

and the version up there is pretty old. And the bandits are not real enemies lol. They were just there for you to test swinging your sword and shit.
This is not a complete map at all, hell its not even a demo. Its just there for u guys to get ideas i suppose.

Level 9
and the version up there is pretty old. And the bandits are not real enemies lol. They were just there for you to test swinging your sword and shit.
This is not a complete map at all, hell its not even a demo. Its just there for u guys to get ideas i suppose.

oh well then things are quite different indeed, i expected more than a
"basic-concept-version" . considering it is not more i have to state that it is awesome, and that your project has huge potential :ß

Level 18
yes its open source.

Create ur own RPG with it and everything, use triggers whatever u want..

All i ask is that if i got something from someone ( like an imported model ) dont credit me, credit the model creator, or the person i got the specified thing from.
And also if you use my terrain , credit me =p

Status
Not open for further replies.