• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The "Top 20 xxxx" list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Here's a link for top 20 spells - list: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells.php?of=downloads_month&order=DESC

Since mods don't make DC out of any of cool spells out there, I wanted something similiar to DC to my map anyway, so I clicked on top 20 spells, but it shows me a random list of spells, and there's 6 needs fix - spells included.

Could mods start giving DC to spells or someone fix the top 20 list?

Edit: With all the respect for mods ofc

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

That list is sorted by number of downloads in the past 30 days. It is not a relative quality measure in spite of the name.

But why is it under "High Quality" category?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
That'll be for Ralle to unveil. Back in 2008/9, I needed software support to find out the most downloaded maps of the month for my Top Plus rubric of the news batches since it was not sortable by download count by default, so Ralle implemented the mechanism that allowed me to do just that. The name or category it went under were (are) probably inadequate, since neither are they just the top 20 — you can just show more pages or switch pages.

On a personal note, if a map is getting downloaded often, then I assume it has some degree of quality. Else the creator's gone on a pretty effective advertising spree.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

On a personal note, if a map is getting downloaded often, then I assume it has some degree of quality. Else the creator's gone on a pretty effective advertising spree.
Ehhh, dunno if that's so on the spells section; there's 6 needs fix and 1 pending spell on the first page.

This thread was just to inform that there's 2 worthless lists under "High Quality" - category at the spells section.

Good thing I can use the recommended - list. Sorting by rating is unfair, as it takes ratings from all the versions of the spell.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

The game's 12 years old, better start respecting the modders who still keep on more.

Level 23
just because someone mods 12 years(actually, 13) old game doesnt mean he should get DC on every single resource.

Yes, there is a visible decline in modding compared to lets say 2006-8, but still the spells should have certain quaility and a neat touch to them to be DC

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Just whatever, I've already found a solution...

Level 30

Wow, never knew that but I think it is much better and time saving ( alittle duration) if the Top 20 would be sort out if they have the ff: rating from users and mods, download counts and if approved.

It would display the resource with the highest rating BOTH from user and mod (not including DC as far as I know because Top 20 does not display that, right?) and also with the highest download count up until to Top 20 but including just Approved ones.

How is that for a suggestion? But anyway, I'm thankful for that information and I guess I'm still on to topic.. I guess though.

So look at that Garfield1337's spell and compare it to others.

I thought there was consensus about that being from novelty factor, not it being particularly unique or efficient (which it was neither, in my personal opinion)
I'll agree that prehaps more spells/systems are deserving of DC, but for that one I've always considered the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.