• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Tales of Forgotten Bloodshed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Banner.jpg

Hi, to all friends and fellows in Map Development Sction, I'm developing a map so called The Tales of Forgotten Bloodshed (a.k.a TToFB). I've amde a map but incomplete yet.

This is my project completion

Terrain - 100% completed
Items - 80% completed
Heroes - 0% completed
Triggers - 70% completed
Special Features - 0% completed
Spells - 0% completed

About my map

TToFB is an AoS based map with some special features. Some changes. 6 Main units to be assasinated by players. 3 each side. Moreover the main units can unleash spells on unexpected units.

2 Factions - Elves(a.k.a The Spirits) vs Orc and Dragons (a.k.a Elemental Dragons)
Special Features - 1 New Kingdom's spell(for the first map),
- Every heroes will have 1 spell in their command box which can only be used only when you have reached 150 God's Grace.

Game Objectives

- To destroy 3 Elemental Dragons (If you are Lesser Spirits)
- To destroy 3 Spirits (If you are Lesser Dragons)
- To discover the Kingdom's Powers

Story of TToFB

TheStoryofTToFB_1.jpg

Screenshots

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
I think that to maintain balance there should be another race in The Spirits seeing as the Elemental Dragons have two races (Orcs and Dragons) the Spirits should have Elves and Humans or Elves and Pandareans or something. Also, Im not trying too critical, but the name 'Elemental Dragons' doesnt really imply that the Orcs are involved. At first glance I would assume its water elementals and dragons or something (judging by the name of course).
As for the loadingscreen, I would suggest taking the name DOTA out of it. Everybody knows dota is an aos map, so just saying AOS map should imply that its similar to dota. Not to mention saying its "like dota" leads people to believe its just a cheap 'knockoff' of dota.
Other than that i'd say the idea is pretty nice looking. Also, if you plan on completing the project, you might want to try getting your project hosted. That way you can get more people interested in the project.

Edit: Also, seeing that the heros can get up to level 150 may cause some imbalances in the game. I'd advise rethinking this because it makes intelligence heros pointless after agility/strength heros get to around level 100.

Level 7
I think that to maintain balance there should be another race in The Spirits seeing as the Elemental Dragons have two races (Orcs and Dragons) the Spirits should have Elves and Humans or Elves and Pandareans or something. Also, Im not trying too critical, but the name 'Elemental Dragons' doesnt really imply that the Orcs are involved. At first glance I would assume its water elementals and dragons or something (judging by the name of course).
As for the loadingscreen, I would suggest taking the name DOTA out of it. Everybody knows dota is an aos map, so just saying AOS map should imply that its similar to dota. Not to mention saying its "like dota" leads people to believe its just a cheap 'knockoff' of dota.
Other than that i'd say the idea is pretty nice looking. Also, if you plan on completing the project, you might want to try getting your project hosted. That way you can get more people interested in the project.

Edit: Also, seeing that the heros can get up to level 150 may cause some imbalances in the game. I'd advise rethinking this because it makes intelligence heros pointless after agility/strength heros get to around level 100.

Ok. Thanks for your good advices. I will rethink of it. :emote_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.