• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

the last days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
this is an idea i have for a ww2 map that i want opinions on.

one person plays as each of the following: America, Britain, Canada, Italy

2 people play as russia due to the massive size of it's armies.

the AI plays as liberated nations.

the remaining 5 people play as different generals in Hitlers army.

Backstory.

the year is 1943. for 3 and a half years Germany has been winning this war. this is all about to change. the United States has entered the war and Africa is lost. and in the East the russian bear devoured an entire army and forced the largest invasion in history to come to a halt. The German war machine has halted. each nation has it's own goals.

the Americans,British,and Canadians gain points for liberating the most nations.

Italy gets points from causing damage (breacking stuff to look tough)

the russians seek to assimilate as much territory as possible for the coming cold war.

this is where things diverge from most ww2 games.

each of the 5 german generals realise that the war is over. their only hope is to try and get the best possible terms.

objectives: their are many ways to win as a german field marshal.

1. KILL HITLER (think operation valkyrie)
warning: this will be the hardest and most dangerous as the ss will probably kill you. not to mention hitler has some nasty surprises. this will cause peace with the allies and ,make further action by russia impossible due to the status of the war. granted the allies will most likely divide you're conquered territory but you would lose it anyway.

2. Beat Russia.
If you do this than i salute you. remember if you lose you're region before russia dies then you're screwed. DON'T GANG ON RUSSIA!

3. Lose to an allied player.
two words: Operation Paperclip. if you hide enough secret info about the russians and then lose to the allies then they will be nice enough to give you a new name and a job at NASA keep in mind this is not really "victory" more like "Not being enslaved for the rest of you're life" this should be you're last effort.

German players get bonuses for:
1. knocking Britain out of the war.
2. Reasearching advanced technologies..
3. massive points for simply surviving.
4. keeping Italy. (REALLY HARD!)
5. winning/losing with territories adds to you're score

each player will have a "Region"
each "Region" will have a command center
you can reatreat to an adjacent "Region" but you're government will get mad
each player also has a general. DON'T LET HIM DIE!
only Generals may make an attempt on hitlers life.
if you lose as germany and you have another ally Hitler gets you're stuff
you may only try to kill hitler AFTER mussolini is removed from office OR the "Red" army gets too close to germany

some technologies are as follows:
Nuclear Bomb (nearly impossible for germany)
Advanced Rocketry (V2)
Electric Submarines
Jet Fighters (ME 262)
Advanced Aeronautics (Gotha GO.229)
Super Guns (Anzio Anny)
Guided Torpedoes (FIDO Homing Torped)
Super Bombers (B-29)
Heavy Bombers (B17/Avro Lancaster)
Super Heavy Tanks (Tiger/Tiger2)
Main Battle Tank (IS-2/Centurion)
Assault rifle (MP43)
RADAR
Industrial Engineering (assembly lines)
Hedgehog (anti submarine warfare)
Anti-Biotics (penicillin)
Recoileless AT weapons (Bazooka)
Infrared gear
Helicopters
proximity fuses

Last edited:
Level 11
If you want opinions, go to the primary map development forum. And you both should fix your grammar.

There's already a lot of this kind of strategy maps, and yours kinda complicated.
And teams should be balanced. About Russia, you shouldn't make 2 players in it. But make moar units for the players controlling Russia. And what do you mean by 'liberated nations'? Why's the one controlling them AIs?

You should explain more of it. Example explain how do we 'liberate' nations.
And I don't understand the "Lose to an allied player section"
And you should use better formats such as bolds or italics.

Level 6
the point of this is to ask IS THIS IDEA WORTH PERSUING!

the point is that germany is losing. the allies play like in most games. russia is 2 guys because of their size and the difficulties inmicro managing however i may remove a russian and make a hitler/ss the liberated nations are AI because their economy is essentially decimated, yet you gain economy from cities and stuff, so they go back back to a neutral player that can't use em (in otherwords AI)

basically the allies play normal the main difference is in germany. you don't play as a united germany you play as a single field marshal trying to figure out how to undermine the obviously insane hitler. you don't want to be captured by russia cause they wouldn't treat you very nicely, you can't really win the war at this point (but if you do than i'm impressed) all you hope to do is have the most amount of bargaining chips left when peace is declaired (technologies, territories, and more)

victory is determined by points. you get points for everything you have when war ends. war ends in three ways.

1. hitler dies. this is the riskiest and gives you the most points
2. germany falls. you won't have many bargaining chips after this
3. russia falls. if you do this than OMG!

Level 11
Okay, you don't need to CAPS.

IMO it's kinda unique, or I will say, interesting.

The idea is kinda nice, so it would be great if you finish it. And would be nice if you add more features, such as resources(not just Gold and Lumber, maybe wood, metal, stones or whatever), recruiting neutrals, and other things you could think of(okay, I won't be detailed about this. You're the maker.)

Level 6
Russia problem it's just german, who nearly impossible the german win against russia and allied. That makes the russia overpower, and will easy to win the war.

How about if german win against allied?

if Hitler is killed by german, war over, game over. Make the german is the key of the game, and another player just game support.

I think you must add more part for another faction.

anyway, interesting idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.