• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Hive Workshop & Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Well, I can certainly help, if you would like that. I think a lot needs to be done about the early and even pre-merge history of the Hive. A large number of our members don't know anything about where the Hive came from, why it's here, hell some even think that the Hive was created only to pick up Wc3Sear.ch. This is obviously not true, and I think that a lot of work should go into the early days, dealing with the Hive's original establishment, the completion and popularity of WH40KTD, the subsequent growth, and then ultimately the merge.

I would be glad to cover the growth and pre-merge era's of the Hive, as that's where I ultimately come into play.

OFF TOPIC: On a side note, I'd like to warn everyone here to cut back on the spam. This has turned into a serious thread as the Admins have become involved, so lets all conduct ourselves professionally so that we can do this job the right way.

Teh Thanks.

Level 26
er.. i don't wanna be mean and all, i personally would think a hive workshop article would be cool, though bending the rules a bit, but this article sounds way too much like an advertisement.
This creative environment allows community members to develop their projects and resources in an atmosphere that is friendly, helpful and productive.
Especially this part. I would edit it, but I don't wanna do it without an admin's permission.

Level 21
"The Hiveworkshop A.K.A The Hive or THW evolved from several early forums dedicated to Warhammer 40K Tower Defense (WH40KTD) which was made by Ralle, who is the current owner and proprietor of the hive, and his then mapping partner Bloodletter0947. The hive first opened officially on the 5th of January 2005 and has remained active since."

then there should be stuff about wc3search...

i kept it brief but i could add more if u wanted.

at the end of the history bit something like:

"Since the merging with wc3sear.ch, the hive has taken on a new role by having the largest warcraft III resource available on the internet (if this is true), as well as supporting up and coming map makers in an ever increasing community."

Level 13
Likewise, the wiki article is still under heavy construction by Admins Wolverabid and Samuraid. I know they have encountered some difficulties with the wiki rules due to harsh regulations regarding image uploading and website wiki's. I would highly suggest letting them get everything set up in an orderly fashion and then adding to that. Almost like creating a wiki template if you will - starting off general then adding in details.

Level 21
well Herio-san is right, the thing is its being worked on and it shouldnt even be open for the minute but it is...dont worry about it because its not done and to start critisiing something that was written just because we had to inst really fair.

whatever is on there now is gunna change to dont worry about anything.

Level 21
If my freehand translation of what you said into english is correct

sorry my english isnt good enough for you, why dont you just ignor it next time instead of picking at one of my faults. we all have faults, u think im happy about it?

If you don't want constructive criticism in something's development, how do you expect it to change? :confused:

it not finished, it shouldnt have even been started. what im trying to say is the space was there and it had to be filled with something and you should be aware it wasnt going to be fantastic stuff. if you want to criticise it, wait until it is finished or at least until the people working on it have had the time do make something of it.

Level 15
Hmmmm, looks sweet! Gonna add a "See also" if ya dont mind.
Good idea. :smile:

I just cleaned up the links a bit, since the "See Also" section works so nicely.

Also, someone put a "(Not a 3D Render)" block of text in part of the article, which I had to remove. Such text is not befitting an encyclopedia article and isn't very professional.

I humbly ask that everyone use The Talk Page to discuss problems or changes before going ahead and changing things.

Thanks. :smile:

Level 26
sorry my english isnt good enough for you, why dont you just ignor it next time instead of picking at one of my faults. we all have faults, u think im happy about it?
I apoligize for making you take so much offense into teasing your many spelling mistakes in the previous post. Happy?
it not finished, it shouldnt have even been started. what im trying to say is the space was there and it had to be filled with something and you should be aware it wasnt going to be fantastic stuff. if you want to criticise it, wait until it is finished or at least until the people working on it have had the time do make something of it.
well, it did start, and i was aware it wasn't going to be godly. You don't wait until a car is finished, and then say "those seats are placed wrong". If something isn't perfect, you point out what's wrong with it, and you get things done. Having something finished is a series of improvements you make. You don't just say "let's just hope the higher-ups notice it so i won't have to do anything about it". You criticize, and that is how things get better. If you don't get it, just take it to Medivh's tower or PM me. Either place is a better area to discuss the meaning of constructive criticism.

well, it did start, and i was aware it wasn't going to be godly. You don't wait until a car is finished, and then say "those seats are placed wrong". If something isn't perfect, you point out what's wrong with it, and you get things done. Having something finished is a series of improvements you make. You don't just say "let's just hope the higher-ups notice it so i won't have to do anything about it". You criticize, and that is how things get better. If you don't get it, just take it to Medivh's tower or PM me. Either place is a better area to discuss the meaning of constructive criticism.

Pwned :infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Yeah, just like your rep count, noob, so I wouldn't talk.

Yo, if it wasn't for me, you would NEVER get the Wiki idea, probably in a year or two, and let's end the flaming, losing rep is bad for my stomach. And didn't I apologize for creating it? I may have made a mistake for "pwned" comment and I apologize! I lost rep for creating the article, and I got rep (three or four times, I guess) for the idea, and now you are just waiting for me to lose my temper and eventualy go nuts, so you can take my rep out, or ban me, but forget it, you may flame me, insult me, ban me, and do practically anything, I'll just ignore that as if you were just silent and you did nothing, like it was just wind that blew into my face.

And if ya like to ban people, then ban me! I don't care! I gave a nice idea, and I accidentaly made the article, 'cus nobody said we shouldn't make it now (my fingers were faster than my mind, I admit), and everyone goes angry on me (well, not everyone)! Nobody is perfect! Everyone can make mistakes! What makes you so perfect so you can push the non-mod guys? Why don't you pick on Ralle (no offense, Ralle)? If ya hate newcomers, then hate us, WE DON'T CARE, go live in your own world, where you are the boss of it! Just because you're a mod on this site, it doesn't mean that I'm an inferior being! I just wanted to be a part of the community, and all I got is flaming! And if I EVER did something wrong to you, no, to everyone on this site, I hereby apologize for every bad thing I've ever done to you! This discussion is over!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The article looks good by now, hmm, we could add the site's history, as it's the only thing missing. As someone said, we could use VGsatomi's help about wc3sear.ch history. I think that with some additions, we can make the article awesome! And we could also use some references, so we can make it as neutral as possible. :wink:

Last edited:
Level 36
I never stated that you shouldn't recieve credit for you idea. What I did state is that you shouldn't be supporting certain other users giving certain Veteran users shit, as you are in no position to yourself.

End of story. Any further posts about this will be reported.

I will remind you all AGAIN, that this thread is NOT for petty squables, its for the Article, and the admins, mainly.

"Admin business, go back to your drinks."

Level 25
... How DID I miss this topic?

Anywho, it'll be deleted in a week, nothing no one can do about it, etc. etc. Wikipedia is run by jerks, you all know the drill. Just don't put too much time and effort into it because it's inevitable

I even know EXACTLY what points they'll delete it on. Points which, by the way, Search could have NARROWLY gotten past due to the few publications Darky advertised RotD in, but I don't remember the Hive doing anything along those lines so it's as good as gone

So yes, it'll be deleted. Save the page while you can cause Wikipedia administrators are merciless bastards who make me look pleasant

Level 26
... How DID I miss this topic?

Anywho, it'll be deleted in a week, nothing no one can do about it, etc. etc. Wikipedia is run by jerks, you all know the drill. Just don't put too much time and effort into it because it's inevitable

I even know EXACTLY what points they'll delete it on. Points which, by the way, Search could have NARROWLY gotten past due to the few publications Darky advertised RotD in, but I don't remember the Hive doing anything along those lines so it's as good as gone

So yes, it'll be deleted. Save the page while you can cause Wikipedia administrators are merciless bastards who make me look pleasant
Well, it's obviously against the rules, so it will be deleted for lack of notability. At least that's what I can foresee. If deleted for something else, Mecheon will be right with his story of
Wikipedia is run by jerks

Level 6
I don't think they will delete it soon,it is a good article it's a little bit against the rules, but Wikipedia won't die of it.

Level 26
I read through this thread as comprehensively as I could in 5 minutes. I still don't see any valid points on why it would be deleted.
well, apparently, 5 minutes isn't enough, especially seeing as the rules debate dragged through all of the first and second page.. really, how do you not see it?
MySpaceBarBroke said:
Internet
  • Communities, message boards and blogs are generally not notable
Well I guess that kinda settles it, unless the hive would fit in under the different wc3 articles and general game modding articles there is.
MySpaceBarBroke said:

Level 7
warning off-topic relating to topic

zomg lol when i searched it it said do you mean 'nid hive fleets LOL

and i couldnt find it :/

(please dont shoot me)

Edit: o lol i didnt see the thing u said bout pending deleation but apparently 'nids are cooler than us :p

Level 15
It has been gone for a while now. It seems like a website needs much notoriety before Wikipedia will allow an article about the site to remain posted. Hive is well-know among the Warcraft 3 modding community, but not as well know to the population in general. (The same goes for most of the Warcraft 3 sites on the 'net.)

Status
Not open for further replies.