• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The forgotten Lands

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Choose a hero and fight the other players and creeps. U can buy gear from "Gods Shop"
"Hades Shop" and the basic shop "Item Store". Buy books of Int/Agi/Str at book store.
This is my FIRST MAP EVER!! I whould love some ideas.. :D

Keywords:
Fun. Hard. Fun. Hard. Fun. Hard. Fun. Hard. Fun. Hard. Fun. Hard. Fun. Hard. Fun. Hard. Fun. Hard. Fun. Hard. Fun. Hard. Fun. Hard. Fun. Hard. Fun. Ha
Contents

The forgotten Lands (Map)

Reviews
00:34, 22nd Jan 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected APProject explaned it quite nicely.

M

00:34, 22nd Jan 2011
ap0calypse: Rejected

APProject explaned it quite nicely.

Level 31
Review about first release

I rate this resource by 1/5 and I suggest it to be rejected due to its poor quality.

1. It would be nice if creator's and uploader's names would match. With this, misunderstandings would be avoided.
2. Description at the Hiveworkshop is lacking badly. Please expand it and tell more about your map.
3. Description of map itself is too long, I cannot read it all in game, plus it contains some spelling mistakes.
4. I cannot skip the cinematic at the beginning.
5. While in cinematic mode, I was able to see that black edge of map, it was horrible. Not enough that, entire gameplay every side of map is boundered with that edge, it looks bad, the best thing would be to hide it using terrain / environment peculiarities.
6. Camera was set from high view, I rolled my mouse wheel and it got to default. It has to be this way, or you wanted people to play from this high view?
7. Objectives do not exist.
8. Somewhy I cannot see any portrait of any unit.
9. Circle of Power has its selection scale rate oversized.
10. Missing some unit icons' BTN and DISBTN materials. I see green icon of unit. Please fix it.
11. Abilities have no proper description.
12. Abilities have no hotkey notices.
13. Purchaseable items have no proper description.
14. Way Gates ain't working.
15. Also I see no credit list for imported materials.
16. Terrain and environment art is terribly developed. Pelase use more doodads and destructibles to give players more natural atmosphere.

Generally, this level maps of quality are not acceptable at the Hive, sorry. You have to pour more effort into this and gain more mapping expereince in order to get your map approved at the Hive.

Level 16
Is this resource yours? Please explain why the author name is different to the uploader. Also description lacks; please improve by telling us more on how to play, screenshots, heroes, items, etc. Here's a list of BB Codes to help you. Terrain seems too simple and plain from the preview image. This map will not be approved anytime soon.

Level 3
APproject. I know that there a many fails, but it was my first map ever. I would love to get some help with the map. I have never tried making a map. Thanks else because you've looked at the map. About the number 14 Way Gates, i know that some of the Way Gates don't "work" it's only 1 who don't teleport any ways. And that was what i wan't it to. But thanks anyway for looking at the map.. :D
It's fine with me if u delete the map. I know that it ain't that good :( But im doing my best, unfortunately it's not good enough :(

Ligt bolt30 i know that the terrain ain't good. As i told, it was my first map ever. I had some problems with it... Im sorry ^^

Level 15
First i want to welcome you to THW, secondly i want to warn you that double posting is against the rules. Please use edit button, thirdly yes it might be your first map, but you shouldnt rush with maps and take your time. THW only accepts quality these days and i cant help it.

Level 3
Wow, it's funny to read all the comments through after so many years!

So for those of you wondering why the uploader name, and creator name is different, is rather simple. You might realize it yourself, but that bumbyDj was my WcIII battle.net login. And Malthe16 is, well.. my THW login... Simple as that...

I know the map sucks, lol... It was just a fun project :)))

King regards,