• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Death Knight - Storywise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Alright, so when you hit lvl 55 you can create a death knight that will join the faction that you are copying it from.

So what hit me is.. Since when does Humans use Death knights? They will still be able to speak to the little children orphans in stormwind right?

Dranei and Deathknights, stormwind will never be the same ;) .

Level 24
You think draenei and death knights is bad? A "draenei death knight" is the fucking worst combo ever! Blizzard has once again raped the lore of warcraft, adding death knights that redeem themselves is a good idéa in itself in my opinion, but limit it to the races of perhaps Human for Alliance and Undead (Forsaken) for Horde. Hear this: We dont want Gnome, Troll, Draenei or Tauren death knights!

Another question: Does anyone know how it will be questwise? Can I do the same quests that I have completed with my ''orginal character'' or will those be completed?

No. Actually, when you create your death knight, it starts in an instanced version of the new eastern part of Eastern Plaguelands which includes Tyr's Hand, New Avalon, Ebon Hold and some other minor towns and encampments.

During your required 31 quests, you will serve the Lich King, however, the 31st quest is a turning point; that's where the Knights of the Ebon Blade (the faction your death knight belongs to) abandon the Lich King and are looking for a way to redeem themselves. After that quest is completed, you'll be transported to the non-instanced version of the Eastern Plaguelands. The instanced version will not contain the opposite faction and the area can be accessed by Death Knights only once. Also, you'll be in a limited communication with the non-instanced world.

Why are you in an instanced part, you say? Because during those 30 quests, you will destroy Tyr's Hand, New Avalon and those minor towns.

Level 9
You think draenei and death knights is bad? A "draenei death knight"
Actually a draenei death knight is possible.Since Death Knightes existed when Ner'Zhul was still in Outland.And the draenei were in outland.So its really possible that a Draenei is a death knight.

Level 8
No. Actually, when you create your death knight, it starts in an instanced version of the new eastern part of Eastern Plaguelands which includes Tyr's Hand, New Avalon, Ebon Hold and some other minor towns and encampments.

During your required 31 quests, you will serve the Lich King, however, the 31st quest is a turning point; that's where the Knights of the Ebon Blade (the faction your death knight belongs to) abandon the Lich King and are looking for a way to redeem themselves. After that quest is completed, you'll be transported to the non-instanced version of the Eastern Plaguelands. The instanced version will not contain the opposite faction and the area can be accessed by Death Knights only once. Also, you'll be in a limited communication with the non-instanced world.

Why are you in an instanced part, you say? Because during those 30 quests, you will destroy Tyr's Hand, New Avalon and those minor towns.

Really quick, I was watching my dad in the beta, I dont think it's an "instanced" version of EPL, because, there were a ton of players running around. Although, I could be wrong because I was watching him, and only paying attention 50% of the time.

Level 12
Actually a draenei death knight is possible.Since Death Knightes existed when Ner'Zhul was still in Outland.And the draenei were in outland.So its really possible that a Draenei is a death knight.

You are mistaken, there are huges differences between Dreanei on outland and azeroth... You mean the broken or the lost ones? The normal Dreanei we see came from azeroth to outland and took back a city. Btw its possible to corrupt and being in a race, theres always someone that wants power, or take it in Arthas case, where you slowly corrupt them, make them desperate, make them dig themself a big hole

Level 13
Really quick, I was watching my dad in the beta, I dont think it's an "instanced" version of EPL, because, there were a ton of players running around. Although, I could be wrong because I was watching him, and only paying attention 50% of the time.
He means instanced as in seperate from the rest of the world. No other class can come running the Death Knight starting area.

Hmm, a Draenei Death Knight might be very possible, as punwisp stated, their minds can easily become corrupted.

Take the Aldor version of the Socrethar event, there's this draenei vindicator called Kaylaan the Lost, see, his mind was darkened since his brother was killed by Voren'thal, and the Sha'tar actually accepted the Scryers into Shattrath.

That lead Kaylaan to the breaking point, he joined forces with Socrethar, who was clouding his mind that joining the Legion was the way to go, so he did, yet he managed to redeem himself with the help of Ishanah. He was, however, killed by Socrethar for betrayal.

If anything similar happened, and Arthas made his move, the outcome is a Death Knight.

So, yeah, the draenei corruption scenario for the Tauren and the Draenei is highly possible.

Level 9
You are mistaken, there are huges differences between Dreanei on outland and azeroth... You mean the broken or the lost ones? The normal Dreanei we see came from azeroth to outland and took back a city. Btw its possible to corrupt and being in a race, theres always someone that wants power, or take it in Arthas case, where you slowly corrupt them, make them desperate, make them dig themself a big hole

No im not mistaken actualy some of the Draenei could have been captured before they de-evolved into teh Broken an Lost ones
EDIT:The Draenei de-evolved since the attack on the Black Temple (which was theyre most holy sanctuary).Well for example some Draenei could have been captured there and later used by Ner'Zhul to create hes Death Knights.

Level 9
No im not mistaken actualy some of the Draenei could have been captured before they de-evolved into teh Broken an Lost ones
EDIT:The Draenei de-evolved since the attack on the Black Temple (which was theyre most holy sanctuary).Well for example some Draenei could have been captured there and later used by Ner'Zhul to create hes Death Knights.

The orcs didn't take prisoners at that time. All Draenei were killed on sight, none was left alive or became a servant of the orcs (Death Knights didn't exist at that time, either). And Ner'zhul couldn't "kept" Draenei for himself for he was powerless during that time thanks to Gul'dan. I believe the corruption of the Draenei began before the raid over Karabor since it wasn't the first target of the orcs. But I think that the corruption significantly started to affect the Draenei only after the destruction of Shattrath, when the Draenei were ultimately cut from the light (except those who escaped with Velen and hid).

And Karabor wasn't the Draenei's holiest sanctuary; Shattrath was.

But the fact that a being is corrupted by fel energies does not necessarily means that she is also can be corrupted by another source.
Although similar in some ways, the corruptions of the Scourge and the Legion are different.

But it doesn't matter in that case.
The Lich King gives power in exchange of one's soul. Neither the Death Knights personalities nor their skills are lost, but their souls belong to the Lich King.
So it doesn't matter what you are.

Level 12
There views on life are greatly i guess you can say altered. Seeing a very good person and seeing that exact same person pure evil, they will have totally different views on things.

Arthas for example

Btw WC2 Deathknights were NOT turned into liches, most of the WC2 deathknights were killed and torn apart. Gorefiend and a small group of DK's on outland is a exception.

Ner'zhul created new kinds of Death knights in WC3, not even close to the same. Deatnknights weren't undead(though the normal heroes in WC3 had no eyes...)

My bad, not all, some were transformed

Monster Guide on Liches said:
Ner'zhul commanded a number of orcish warlocks, shamans, and even some of Gul'dan's death knights. When these wicked sorcerers were captured by Kil'jaeden and the Burning Legion after the destruction of Draenor, they were transformed into twisted aberrations of their former selves.

Yep, the Death Knights of the Third War are just corrupted living beings, and most of them were Paladins in the past, unlike the Death Knights of the Second War, who were raised corpses of the Stormwind troops.

Level 4

wc2 dk's were corpses of brotherhood of the horse knights that we're raped in wc1

wc3 dk's are former Paladins who are the very perversion of holy light

WoW dk's are a sad ripoff and contradiction from the wc3 and can be anything from a tauren to a retarded troll and/or gnome(not really sure if a troll can be a dk)

Level 5
Sadly enough every race can be DK. Just imagine a troll Death Knight. Oh fuck, nightmares. A DK with big tusks pointing out from the helmet, talking jamaican (or "troll" as they call it) accent, saying: Ya will die mon! Or even worse, a gnome. Would the Lich King even recruit a gnome ffs!? I hope they change so that only undead and humans can be DK or something like that. Atleast that would fit better.

Level 12
You dont have to be a paladin to be a death knight, just some of the deathknights they had were former paladins, remember Arthas destroyed lordaeran and killed Uther, so he most likely got some undead deathknights under his command by then.

Level 4
You dont have to be a paladin to be a death knight, just some of the deathknights they had were former paladins, remember Arthas destroyed lordaeran and killed Uther, so he most likely got some undead deathknights under his command by then.

yeh I'm aware of that DK's don't have to be pali's but what I'm more upset about is the every race part it kinda just blows..

I mean what about just limiting it to:

if Alliance:
Human
Dwarf

if Horde:
Blood Elf
Undead Forsaken

it works as well

Level 4
now yes it would seem like a good idea for orcs since they once delved in necromancy but it seems wrong for me

what I think of DKs are kind of "civilized" or atleast somewhat elegant in a sense just a little bit evil and/or undead.. orcs still got that savage feel that I don't feel like it fits the DK

Level 9
now yes it would seem like a good idea for orcs since they once delved in necromancy but it seems wrong for me

what I think of DKs are kind of "civilized" or atleast somewhat elegant in a sense just a little bit evil and/or undead.. orcs still got that savage feel that I don't feel like it fits the DK

There are always Blood Dk's which to be honest arent that elegant.

Level 13
An Orc Blood Dark Night would fit perfectly well. The ones that don't fit are gnomes, they look hilarious with blue eyes, deep voices and heavy armor...

Status
Not open for further replies.