• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Broken Shore (map)

Level 5
Greetings fellow WarCrafters!

I am looking for someone who would like to finish this map (only triggers are needed to get polished or expanded, if needed, and maybe some stats adjustments of units and items) of mine I have made in 2016.

Recruitment:
  • A person well knowledgeable in triggers is needed to polish and maybe expand some triggers:
    • Spawning of pawns (NPCs automatically spawning at player´s base and moving forward towards the enemy base).
    • Control point system.
    • Some polishing of the things described bellow.
  • I think that max. about a day of work on triggers is needed to finish the map.
Map description:
  • Story setting: Semi-canonical and pro-realistic WarCraft universe. Location: Broken Isles of the Great Sea.
  • Play style: Aeons of Strife (+ possible Capturing of Control Points gameplay system).
    • Map uniqueness: Heroes do not have combat abilities - only items have abilities which heroes must use for their advantage.
  • Map size: 96 x 96.
  • Player count: (Curretnly set on) 1 vs. 1 (but I suggest to increase it on 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 for a more enjoyable team-play).
Contentual gameplay information:
  • At the game lobby, player chooses to be a member of one of two teams: either the Stormreavers or the Twilight´s Hammers.
  • At the start of the map, player takes control of a single Orc Warlock (hero) of his respective team. (See respective pictures as attached.)
  • The Warlock can (at any time during the game) take (regular/standard/non-custom) items from a nearby stashes to equip himself for battle. (See respective pictures as attached.)
    • The items are free of charge and are only means for a player to provide their Orc Warlock with abilities (Orc Warlock do not have any hero or unit combat abilities (not considering the "Repair" for the Soul shard´s (object described bellow) reparation).
  • At the each team´s base camp, there is Soul shard which periodically summons the dead orc skeletal warriors, who automatically and attackingly set forth towards the enemy team´s base camp.
  • The goal of each team is to destroy the enemy team´s Soul shard and afterwards kill the remaining enemy´s Orc Warlocks (they can be normally revived at their team´s Soul Shard).
Gameplay specialties:
  • The Broken Shrine: When a hero stands in the Circle of Power in ruins of the shrine in the center of the map, he has a power to control devastating elements and cause a catastrophe: either a whirlwind (Stormreavers) or an earthquake (Twilight´s Hammers).
  • The Sea monster: A tiny spider crab comes out from the sea, slowly growing in size by passing time, gaining hit-points, attack damage and other attributes in the process.
Can be implemented:
  • Control Points: As of now, only capture system is implemented, but not an effect on gameplay - the purpose of control points is to be decided.

Attachments

• TBS - Map.jpg
    TBS - Map.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 28
  • TBS - TAZ.jpg
    TBS - TAZ.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 27
  • TBS - TCoI.jpg
    TBS - TCoI.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 31
  • TBS - THV.jpg
    TBS - THV.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 26
  • TBS - TMI.jpg
    TBS - TMI.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 28
  • TBS - TOW.jpg
    TBS - TOW.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 27
  • TBS - TRS.jpg
    TBS - TRS.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 27
  • TBS - TSS.jpg
    TBS - TSS.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 25
  • TBS - TST.jpg
    TBS - TST.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 27
  • TBS - TUJ.jpg
    TBS - TUJ.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 26
  • TBS - GP1.jpg
    TBS - GP1.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 27
  • TBS - GP2.jpg
    TBS - GP2.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 28
  • TBS - GP3.jpg
    TBS - GP3.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 26
  • TBS - GP4.jpg
    TBS - GP4.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Level 5
what patch of warcraft 3 do you use????
i use the 1.27 bye the way.
Greetings Azcalmo!

Currently, I have an access to both the 1.27 and 1.31 patch.

I have created this map back in 2016, so I presume I have had a 1.27 patch then and created it in its limits. The presentational pictures I have posted here I have (as can be seen from the layout of the player interface on the pictures) taken while opening the map in the 1.31 version of the game.

Level 3
Cool-looking map and terraining, really inspires me to continue my project back then :)

I might help a bit as I know JASS but I can't guarantee my help all the time as I am a college student XD

This is my discord: Nootnoot#4328

Level 5
Cool-looking map and terraining, really inspires me to continue my project back then :)

I might help a bit as I know JASS but I can't guarantee my help all the time as I am a college student XD

This is my discord: Nootnoot#4328
Greetings Astronoot!

I thank you for your recognition and I am glad that it was able bring you a such inspiration.

I also thank you and appreciate for your willingness to employ your skills into this. Regarding your availability: As it is trully not a lot of hard work to be done there to bring this map into completition (I might be able to do it myself, but I believe that the triggers will not be that polished as if someone more knowledgeable and skillful takes charge of their setup), I estimate and believe that just about 24 hours might be need to take care of it. Regarding JASS: I know almost nothing about it and how it is employed in the World Editor (I have just used an JASS Editor few times to find out AI settings from the campaigns to know how much units enemies train and in what numbers it constitues attack waves in particular maps, so I could work with those date in Trigger editor in World Editor).

Regarding the Discord: All right. I will to (re)establish an account there. I would also like to assemble a special team of dedicated pro-classic-WarCrafters to do and finish some of my other projects (primarily "WarCraft III: Recrafted"(a more realistic, multiplayer and lore-adjusted WC3 campaigns), secondarily "WarCraft II: Recrafted" (a more realistic, multiplayer and lore-adjusted WC2 campaigns), and tertiarily some of my "WoW: instances" maps). I will contact you there on some of the close upcoming days.

Level 5
Nice terrain details. Fun gameplay and mechanics too. But it still has room to improvement.

Send me tha map!
I might give you wha'chu want.

I'm on patch 1.27b
My thanks belong also to you, Zul´khan, and my greetings to you!

I have wanted to create a more variable and interactive gameplay by relying on items only to gain abilities and benefits and through their combination to react on the changing situations as they happen (and happen due to the other players´ item combination situational choices). Perhaps there already was such an idea or even implemented into a map by someone - as I was not searching for it back then in 2016 and it simply came to my mind - in case of which it is nothing new and I am hereby expressing and sending to them my acknowledgement, but hopefully implemented in the environment and style of this map could be interesting and fun to experience.

Regarding a room for improvement: Surely there is.

I respectfully apologize to you, Zul´khan, but Astronoot has applied first, so I have to respect the precedent. However, your words express a very promising, valued and valuable interest (and also expressed in a very authentic form), and so I will discuss the possibility of your participation with Astronoot. In case I decide for more variations of the map to be released, I can provide also you with it, so that also you can realize and enrich the map with your ideas, but as I have said: at first, I would like to discuss the possibilities and negotiate with Astronoot. But, if you would be interested, I would like to welcome you to a planned "special team" I have mentioned in my reply to Astronoot (just above this message) - please, understand this as my preliminary invitation for your consideration.

Anyway, I will try to take care of the matter in lines of what I have written just above in time as short as my duties allow me to, so that I will not hold you in waiting for long and period undesirable and unacceptable for you.

Last edited:
Level 8
Greetings friend!
You literally a man of respectful terraining skill. As I saw you put much detail and effort in this yet incomplete map, I wanted to help you finish this old project.
Astronoot has applied first, so I have to respect the precedent.
Yes, at first place, it was Astronoot's comment which made me notice this thread. And I don' mean to claim our mate's precedent. :cgrin: I just thinked I can help improve this map.

I'd like to expand the map by some minor features I can come up wit (maybe a small openning camera cinematic before start, respawn systems, random events, a tutorial and etc...) and optimize the triggers.

"WoW: instances" maps
So good! May you want to see my map: [Role Playing Game] - Rollin' for "Wc3:wow"

Level 3
Regarding your availability: As it is trully not a lot of hard work to be done there to bring this map into completition
Oh, I'm glad it's that way. It's been a while since I last opened my World Editor but that shouldn't be much of a problem XD.

I have access to 1.26, 1.27b, and 1.31.1 (though I prefer 1.26 since it supports multiplayer emulation to test multiplayer things on one PC but any version is fine to me.)
so I will discuss the possibility of your participation with Astronoot
Ah, I really don't mind :) It's always good to have other people looking after your maps. In addition, I believe Master Zul'khan is a more seasoned mapper than me since I just started developing maps last year.

And, yeah, just hit me in Discord so we can get started and I can ask for the details. :)

Level 5
Greetings friend!
You literally a man of respectful terraining skill. As I saw you put much detail and effort in this yet incomplete map, I wanted to help you finish this old project.

Yes, at first place, it was Astronoot's comment which made me notice this thread. And I don' mean to claim our mate's precedent. :cgrin: I just thinked I can help improve this map.

I'd like to expand the map by some minor features I can come up wit (maybe a small openning camera cinematic before start, respawn systems, random events, a tutorial and etc...) and optimize the triggers.

So good! May you want to see my map: [Role Playing Game] - Rollin' for "Wc3:wow"
Thank you again for your considerations.

I have looked on your "Wc3:wow". At first, I was not impressed (even deimpressed) by the visual side of the map (as captured and depicted on those images you have inserted into that thread for the purposes of promotion and reference), however, from what I have seen from the video you have included there, I, as just being an advanced modder, consider you to be a proficient and expert in the field of triggers.

I am going to post a new thread in the Project Recruitment forum about my "WC3: WoW Instances", so I hope you might be interested in that also.

By the way: I have just established cooperation with Astronoot on "The Broken Shore". However, in the sense of what he has declared above, I might be turning to you also.

Level 5
My pleasure - I have wanted to learn more about you for our possible cooperation, and I, (again) as being only an advanced map creator, was really impressed with your other functionalities included in your map.

Thank you. However, I hope (and believe) that there will soon be a chance for our cooperation either on this or some other of my maps that I would like to release, in case of which I hope you will find pleasure and space for realization of your ideas and skills.

Level 23
Interesting, I wish you good luck with the project, from what you say, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. I'm not in a position to help you, I don't have the skills you're looking (I'm just an amateur, I have nothing advanced) for nor the time available, but I'll still be attentive to the development of this.

Regards.

Level 5
Interesting, I wish you good luck with the project, from what you say, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. I'm not in a position to help you, I don't have the skills you're looking (I'm just an amateur, I have nothing advanced) for nor the time available, but I'll still be attentive to the development of this.

Regards.
I thank you for your favor, Resyak's Shade. I hope that you will be able to get some nice, classical WarCraft map throught this work.

Level 5
Greetings again!

As Astronoot has become unavailable at the begining of this month and Master Zul'khan is already taken by a one of his projects, I am reissuing a recruitment for this map (as described in my introductory post in this thread).