• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

tft patch failed because one file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Blizzard BNUpdate v2.130 compiled on Jun 24 2008
Log created at 5:40 pm on 09/07/2010

This patch upgrades Warcraft III The Frozen Throne from the previous version.

ERROR: unable to load file 'Custom_V0\Units\CampaignUnitStrings.txt' from archive (C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\war3.mpq)
The system cannot find the file specified.

RESULT: Patch failed

i used Warcraft III Explorer and i didn't find this file in my mpq

Level 30
Maybe try playing on the genuine battle.net.
If you're already on battle.net and you have a laptop, you should put your pc in the microwave. This will not affect the software directly, but by making the system think it's taking severe damage (which is not really the case as magnetic waves don't harm your pc), the system will trigger an emergency error recovery protocol that tests all hardware and software when it boots. This might take a few minutes. To do this, put the microwave on 750 W or even higher and at about 2-3 minutes. Be careful when you take it out. The magnetic waves are still making the drive vibrate. When you open the microwave and touch the pc right after you opened it might damage your disk as the vibrations on and in the harddrive will make it very fragile. These vibrations will fade away when you open the little door and unplug the microwave right after you opened the door! Wait for about an hour to make sure the hard drive stopped vibrating completely until then, you may not touch your pc at all. Then just boot your pc. Good luck.

If you don't have a laptop, you just need to screw your pc open and take out the harddrive.

Level 1
when i try to connect to b.net it says
"cannot verify this version of the game please apply the current patch manually"
because of this i want to apply this patch manually
and i don't have a laptop and i play it on my desktop computer
and i don't know anything in the hardware i only know about software

Level 30
when i try to connect to b.net it says
"cannot verify this version of the game please apply the current patch manually"
because of this i want to apply this patch manually
and i don't have a laptop and i play it on my desktop computer
and i don't know anything in the hardware i only know about software

I can't be bothered to explain how you should do this. Just google the brand and model of your pc and you should be capable of doing this in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.